The online racing simulator
.set-files won't copy directly to settings-folder
Hi there!

I'm havin a little annoying problem here. Until recently, when I clicked on a set-file link over at inferno.hu, the set-file was neatly copied over to the settings folder in LFS. For some reason, it doesn't work anymore. I tried to associate set-files with LFS again via windows-explorer etc. but my windows doesn't even let me choose LFS as program to open the file (I clicked browse, located LFS.exe and clicked "open" but nothing happens). I also tried to use LFS:file associator and all the files are registered properly, but the set files are still not automatically copied.

Anybody have an idea what's going wrong there?

Thx,

Linsen
I've had similar problems with other file types before where the registry info about the filetype gets messed up. I think I've solved it in the past by deleting everything to do with the extension in the registry but I wouldn't recommend that unless you know what you're doing there.
One thing you could do is to open an explorer window and click on the Tools>Folder options option from the menu.

To the window that'll open go to the "File Types" tab and scroll down the list until you find the "Set" file type on the "Extensions" column (left column) of the list.

Then select this file type, click the "Delete Button" and close these windows.

After that you could retry "LFS Associator" on that file type, and I hope it 'll work.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG