The online racing simulator
outgauge to app to laptop to java
i am wanting to make a series of apps to read outgauge info send by lfs to my networked laptop where it will show data on a gui maybe using java.

the hardest part i think will be the gui app.

any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

james
thanks mate
#4 - Stuff
could i use flash instead of java because i am looking to modify it after for use on a touch screen, so which would be easier
you could use flash but you'll have to read up on the RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol) to stream and convert the live data to graphics. it really is a LOT of work, i looked into it before.
only thing about Flash is that it would look a lot better than a Java app.

Quick bit of info: http://osflash.org/rtmp/protocol
i have got the visual basic tutorials of the microsoft website and it looks a lot easier if i can to use that and use it for control via a touchscreen
surely it doesn't make any difference if your using a mouse or a touch screen what making an app... ??
a button is a botton i would have thought... weather you push a screen or use a mouse button it's still a button.
i thought the touch-screen's drivers would do the hard work by figuring out where your touching on a screen and what is a button and whats no, and not your app
i know i worded it wrong what i ment was is that i have decided to use a touchscreen in the future, then a seperate statment saying that i have decided to use visual basic as i have downloaded the tutorials from microsoft and they are very good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG