Photo of one of your hands
Cats
Pies
obscure outdated electronic equipment
(Respectable) Portrait of Tinyk
Pixelcars
Self portrait
Alternative February Avatar Thread - image of the first game you played
Don't like music? Think the run of the mill avatar choices are boring and unimaginative? Then join in with AndroidXP and myself, as we attempt to beat 'the masses' at their own game.

In this thread will will choose (by discussion) and preview our 'better than boring music album covers' avatars, and make them all jealous!

So, Mr Android squire, fire away with some suggestions!

All are welcome, as long as you dislike album cover avatars as much as us!
#2 - Jakg
I love album covers, but....

Best LFS wreck?
#3 - Vain
Cats, film villains and LFS wrecks get my vote.

Vain
Haha, yeah pixelcars is ok. Guess I'm finished already

No seriously, lets see if a few good alternative ideas come up. Vain's suggestions sound already better, but we still have a week to find something
How about a picture of yourself? Just a suggestion, no need to shout...
what about (almost) useless things?

as in a staple or a paperclip or something...
There will be plenty of months in this, or future years

Don't fight, turn on the music and show us your album cover.
What about a picture of your refigerator?
How about favorite kitchen thing ?
what about lfs cars that look like real cars?

(hints to look at my feeble attempt at making fzr look like a aston )
What about obscure outdated electronic equipment?

e.g.
http://www.dvq.com/hifi/images/ph700b.jpg

My father has 4 of these in the basement powering our home theater.

The large square-ish thing in the back next to the heatsinks is the huge transformer. I think it was one of the earlier solid-state amps (no vacuum tubes, all transistors).
Hey! what about album covers???

:uglyhamme
Ideally people are supposed to create a list of ideas, a poll is created, then we vote, and then (if you wish) you go along with the majority and we have a themed avatar month on the forum.

If Deggis' idea is that well welcomed initially I suppose that process can be skipped. Myself I prefer creating avatars so perhaps if you can't come up with something better I'll take a photo of myself playing air guitar and photoshop some Nordic-looking forest into the background or something.

Until then I read with interest.
Quote from Bob Smith : I'll take a photo of myself playing air guitar and photoshop some Nordic-looking forest into the background or something.

we could have pics of ourselves photoshoped into obscure backgrounds? :P
Well that gets my vote from the creation point of view, I prefer avatars to be a personal thing rather than just some image from the first page of google images.
With personal things I was thinking of maybe tools, or machinery.

Or a photo of what's outside your house/window.
Quote from DTrott :Or a photo of what's outside your house/window.

Me, when I'm outside taking the photo.
#19 - Vain
Another one that's rather on the creative side: A "You're doing it wrong"-avatar month (uncreative idea, I know). I'm sure there are a lot of good possibilities for that one.
I wonder wether I can get my hands on a screenshot from the jaffa-challenge for that one .

Vain
Hows about the last thing you brought type avatar dealytypethingy?
That's a good idea.
What about roleplaying avatars? Wizards, mages, trolls and such? Something steampunk related, like LFS racing on year 1602?

Nah, I'll take the album cover, just to annoy you
cats
time to bring back kemot's cat avatar
Quote from Captain Slow :we could have pics of ourselves photoshoped into obscure backgrounds? :P

lets see who will be the first to get a temp ban when he copys that 911 dude picture
Ugliest rice burners?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG