The online racing simulator
i had a dream tonight....
(35 posts, started )
you may think i am nuts, but tonight i had a dream that lfs will have the original monaco track in it some times in the near future.

i don't think there is any copyright on a city-map / track, so why not.

and if i am right, you can rent fortune telling from me for 150€ a session

illepall
yea nice one fischy fischy ^^

see thats what i dont get...the Nordschleife itself isnt a race track its a public road here in germany nowadays...so why do devs have to pay licenses for it? i mean everything is run by the Nürburgring GmbH and shit but its still a damn public road!
Quote from Belain :yea nice one fischy fischy ^^

see thats what i dont get...the Nordschleife itself isnt a race track its a public road here in germany nowadays...so why do devs have to pay licenses for it? i mean everything is run by the Nürburgring GmbH and shit but its still a damn public road!

lol can just imagine the update
"LFS gains a 14 mile german public road which may seem similar to the Nordschleife"

The nordschleife is a good track (its one reason i still play gt4 occasionally) and it would be amazing in LFS but imagine the noobs trying to remember all 150 corners (or however many)
Well, I doubt you'll have noobs on the server . It requires guts and great driving skill to be at least good so they'd veer away from it for not being able to contend at the top :P. Nordschleife and Monaco are definitely 2 tracks I'd love to see in LFS but I guess we'll have to wait and see after S3 if the devs decide to release their tools and then maybe someone could make those tracks (Enzo at Nordschleife, YEAH BABY!!! :P)
Monaco techically isn't public, so does require a lisence, however many companies simply use the Côte d'Azur name instead!
Quote from Greboth :lol can just imagine the update
"LFS gains a 14 mile german public road which may seem similar to the Nordschleife"

The nordschleife is a good track (its one reason i still play gt4 occasionally) and it would be amazing in LFS but imagine the noobs trying to remember all 150 corners (or however many)

Nahh.. it doesn't even have to work online....
I also had a dream couple a days ago, waking up, and seeing a thread, like that for the April patch, teaser... screenhshot of a "Carucell" and a title "What the F*ck" above it... but than i woke up...
i think we should start a fortune-telling thread and betting about it

50 CLC Dollars on that Monte Carlo thing
I also had dream or two about LFS

In one, I was driving some countryside road, and in suspension menu there was Hz characteristic shown. Some other cool features there were too, but I don't remeber
Profits go to shrinks 4 lfs
Quote from Greboth :lol can just imagine the update

Be honest, wasnt the mother the one and only reason you bought this game? Btw, some people are not even able to remember 3 corners but thankfully this is the minority
I'd rather the devs concentrate on other things than waste time making more tracks/cars. Dynamic weather, day/night cycling (both would be an amazing addition to endurance racing), proper damage modeling and finally fixing the damn moon-launching signage would be much higher on the priority list..
-
(Shotglass) DELETED by Shotglass
your right xenowolf, but as this thread started in the first post, it was my tonights dream...

new cars is not what we need in lfs until damage and aero model is sorted out. but i don't have anything against other tracks.... but that was told by 100 people in 100 threads since 100 moons...
#13 - nilo
Quote from XenoWolf :I'd rather the devs concentrate on other things than waste time making more tracks/cars. Dynamic weather, day/night cycling (both would be an amazing addition to endurance racing), proper damage modeling and finally fixing the damn moon-launching signage would be much higher on the priority list..

here we go again, who said this should be, from now on, the task with the highest priority?

Quote from fischfix : ...some times in the near future...

also, we know we cant demand anything but a suggestion should be allowed eh
WOW Either of the two mentioned tracks would be great
I had a dream that I thought about Brooklands old banked track was put into the game Then I woke up also, got back to sleep and the dream kind of carried on, some noobs came onto the server as some people were driving round the banks taking them correctly, the noobs came out and went to the top of the banks and topling the car Was a bit weird!
Well i had a dream where scavier were on my uni taking exams with me and i was interviewing them later.....it was strange
I think you all need to stop playing LFS for a while...
i had once a dream, banging a chick in the backseat of a FZ5 but... i didn't think this is that important
Yeah wright, stop dreaming. It was UF1 for sure!
Quote from Fischfix : i had once a dream, banging a chick in the backseat of a FZ5 but... i didn't think this is that important

that was no chick, that was the michellin man , in the rb4 (nice and roomy)
I know about the 'spirit' of a track and all that but why not create a fictional track using RL roads? Such as one in Leeds
Quote from Leifde :I know about the 'spirit' of a track and all that but why not create a fictional track using RL roads? Such as one in Leeds

Milton Keynes would be challenging with the straights and roundabouts
or a track based on the rl roads that run through the woods on the other side of the M20 oppisite saxtens wood near fawkham. :P
Quote from duke_toaster :Whilst I would enjoy Monaco under the name Monaco-ville, Cote d'Azur (or similar) - there was a proposed London track in the 60's and 70's. It would be easier for the devs to research.

http://www.itccommunications.net/Fresume.html - the guy's site.

http://theracingline.net/racin ... ngdom/England/London.html - the track.

Nice, although I think the road layout might have changed a little since then. I made an overlap onto a google maps image for the curious.
Attached images
London Map.png
London Map - Photo.jpg

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG