The online racing simulator
Ping with AOL in Germany?
(9 posts, started )
well this thread is forwarded to germans mainly, but i write it in english anyway
so... ive changed my isp was on 1&1 all the time but couldnt afford it longer.
sadly, AOL has the cheapest offer (really no money atm) so i had to take it.
with 1&1 i had a ping of around 35-40 (in enemy territory) on german servers without fastpath.
now, with AOL i get 55-60 omg.
of course i DONT use the crappy software that they gave me, im not that stupid lol.
nothing running what wasnt running all the time too (getting same ping with anything closed so it surely doesnt matter).
so...any other ppl that have these problems?
or does the ping get better maybe (i know, but u can have dreams or?)?
Um, those pings are pretty good!

In LFS I get 50ms at best. Anything less has to be within 5miles of my house, or on my LAN.
Quote from mrbogeyman :Um, those pings are pretty good!

In LFS I get 50ms at best. Anything less has to be within 5miles of my house, or on my LAN.

nah, those are awful!
as i already said, i tested / compared the pings with one of my fav games, enemy territory.
getting a ping of 50 in the UK (thats what i used to have with 1&1) is aight, now im getting 80-90 ish what just isnt acceptable.
speaking of lfs, on german servers i always had 40 - 50 now the lowest i get is 65. hah.
in lfs it doesnt really matter, but in enemy territory it does as it is a fps (first person shooter) and there ping times can make a huge difference.
so, hopefully some1 knows what to do, or whats the reason.
otherwise i will beat the hell outta that company illepall
#4 - Davo
Probably more hops for some reason and different routing. Only way to tell would be to compare trace routes and see where it goes. When I changed ISPs my ping doubled because even though the server was in the same city as me, it went to another capital city and then back again. illepall
#5 - S0ul
im having the same problem and i guess everyone has it,since every data gets send to the usa,where the AOL servers are first and the is send to the UK for example
how do i find out my ping during lfs???
Make sure you have a German IP, try disconnecting and reconnecting the router a few times as you may have been given a French or American IP address which will slow your pings (Happens often in UK, dunno about Germany though!)
there are server in germany for aol users.
Quote from niffer022 :how do i find out my ping during lfs???

it shows the ping on the left side while browsing the serverlist.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG