The online racing simulator
Eleventyseventh wheel thread:)
Hi all! First post here... I've played the demo to death with my mouse now, and i feel i must get a steeringwheel before buying the S2 license. I've already decided to buy the MOMO wheel (the black one) since i think the DFP feels and looks like shit (a.k.a. plastic ) to me, while the momo is like rubberish. I dont care for the 900 degree thingy with the DFP either. The only thing i want to know is, how is the FF on the MOMO? a long time ago i played with a MS sidewinder FF wheel at some computer expo and it felt like the FF was a joke. I dont know how it was setup or anything but still..
The FF is by far the most important thing for me... for example, i was playing sega rally at an arcade I'm working at sometimes, and its no resistance at all, Its just like a little nudge in the hand....
so here's my question: How powerful is the FF in the MOMO? Does the FF "feel" realistic?
have it here, FF is great...u can adjust in LFS and! in logitech software.
its quite powerful, if both were set to FULL...driving like this is training for ur arms or it destructs ur desk
Quote from Sgt. Stinger :Hi all! First post here... I've played the demo to death with my mouse now, and i feel i must get a steeringwheel before buying the S2 license. I've already decided to buy the MOMO wheel (the black one) since i think the DFP feels and looks like shit (a.k.a. plastic ) to me, while the momo is like rubberish.

you are wrong there. The black Momo looks alot more like plastic like the DFP. The metal plate of the DFP makes it look not half as plastic as the grey cheap plastic of the momo.
And the rubber of the wheel itself is the same anyway, so it feels basically the same.

You could say you don't like the Gamepad look of the DFP, but other than that it's superiour to the Momo (ball bearing, buttons, precision etc.).
Not to mention the problems the momo has (off center problem, paddle breaking)

Are you judging it by the photos or have you really tried both by yourself?
I have a MOMO, and after installing a patch I have no problems regarding centering and paddles and stuff.

I am really pleased with the feel of the wheel and don't even use all of the 6 buttons on it, so I have always found the abundance of buttons on the DFP to look like overkill. I have never held one in my hands though, so I can't really comment on its quality

The FF is great, if you would crank it up to 100% i don't think you would be able to finish a lap because of the pain in your arms .
I'm talking of the feel of the wheel (hey that rhymes )
more than the look. since I'm thinking of modifying the momo from the start by retrofitting ball-bearings or something in the pedals and in the wheel, the bearings in the thing doesn't matter either. therefore i dont really need to buy a new one... I haven't had the chanse to try the wheels with FF on tho.
It really doesent matter, since i dont want the DFP. end of discussion
As I said I only care about how the FF is in the MOMO. I'd like more opinions than the one i got, so please answer my question instead of trying to convince me of buying the DFP
#6 - Vain
To phrase it short:
It feels great, and with the load of option the logitech software offers you you can even make it feel better.

Vain
The question is, how do you want it to feel? The FF of the momo is excellent and very customizable to get the feel perfectly what you want it. I set mine relatively low compared to what I have seen other's set at. I feel everything the car is doing without ripping my arms out trying to turn it. When the back end kicks out, I let go of the wheel as the forces countersteers practically for me. I feel the curbs as I drive over them. The only thing I don't feel is the wheel being ripped from my hands as I crash into the walls at a high rate of speed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG