The online racing simulator
A seat for simracing
(42 posts, started )
#26 - Vain
Look out for Porsche 924 or 944 seats. Those are really well made seats (100% "wow, these are great" by all I know who tried them) and these cars (unfortunately) end up in the junkyard by now.

Vain
Damn, didn't find any good base chairs for the project today. Tomorrow again, when I have all day for it. All I could find was that plastic stuff. And that stuff isn't made to last
I want a CyberSeat.
i made this for under £50

Today with more luck. Found this babe for 10€ (overpriced anyway), pic1. Then to the car junkyard to look for a seat. And found this, for 20€, pic1. In pic2 I have taken off all the "soft stuff".

And good news, I got my uncle persuaded to do some welding so I have lot more freedom on how I will attach the seat and the chair. (I could have welded the stuff at my uni, but I'm "a bit" lazy ). Atm., the chair does not have wheels yet, but it has holes on its "feet" where I can attach some of my own. After this post I'll start making plans and go cutting parts so I have it all ready when the judgement day comes

Too bad I just broke my pedals with new springs installation, so my driving experience at the moment is really encouraging me to go on with this

More to follow
Attached images
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
ages ago a mate was scrapping his nissan micra, so i had one of the front seats. i made a base from MDF, and along with my old momo wheel has given hours and hours of fun sim racing.

at work they still take the p*ss though!
Attached images
LFS Seat.jpg
Quote from mr grady :ages ago a mate was scrapping his nissan micra, so i had one of the front seats. i made a base from MDF, and along with my old momo wheel has given hours and hours of fun sim racing.

at work they still take the p*ss though!

my dad soon going to be scrapping an old ford fiesta. hmmm.
Update

Today I got the parts welded, and just few minutes ago I got it assembled. I'll post some pics tomorrow, but I say that for the price of 30€ it feels amazing. And no sqeeks or other disturbing sounds

My ass may finally rest in peace
Teh tuoli (or istuin, if you wish) is ready!!11
After 2 days of extensive testing my ass and myself agree that this has been the 4th best 30€ I've ever spent (LFS, GPL and drunken trips top it but...). It did took longer than I though because I accidentally made it too tall at first. My legs couldn't reach the floor . After some mind blowing massacring I got some parts cut off and it started to look better. Called my uncle, told him to stop bitching and start welding.

The result is seen in the hq pic below:
Attached images
teh_tuoli.jpg
#36 - CSU1
I have an Idea
Take your old car in teh garage, put it on axel stands,remone the shocks, slap in four four hyfraulic rams, link up your wheel/pedals/gears etc.get a four inch tft screen for your rear view mirror, place a white canvas on the windscreen and driver/passenger windows, get three projectors and point em' at the screens, get some tech guru from LFS to write some app to tell the rams when to work,get a six pack from the offie,jump in put the pedal to the metal and let the good times roll baby
Quote from Hyperactive :After 2 days of extensive testing my ass and myself agree that this has been the 4th best 30€ I've ever spent (LFS, GPL and drunken trips top it but...). It did took longer than I though because I accidentally made it too tall at first. My legs couldn't reach the floor . After some mind blowing massacring I got some parts cut off and it started to look better. Called my uncle, told him to stop bitching and start welding.

The result is seen in the hq pic below:

i made mine far to tall as well

it killed me cutting off all the welds i had done
Quote from Sticky-Micky :i made mine far to tall as well

it killed me cutting off all the welds i had done

Actully it's quite good now. It is few centimeters too tall still but it is so little that it doesn't bother me. I just put a 10 cm metal box under my pedals to raise them a bit and it feel pretty much perfect
Here`s my seat. I attached the g25 shifter to the seat. It feels more real.
Attached images
g255.jpg
Quote from ElvisArg :Here`s my seat. I attached the g25 shifter to the seat. It feels more real.

thats a good idea!
A cheap (100 euro) race-seat from the car shop, a little aluminium and some wood makes a perfect place to play LFS.
Attached images
DriverSeat.jpg
SimSeat.jpg
Im looking to get a new chair to replace this torture device of an office chair that Im sat on.But im a bit of a tight. Has anyone got any good suggestions for a chair?

A seat for simracing
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG