The online racing simulator
Option to choose sound card
(8 posts, started )
If I've not misunderstood now LFS can play sounds only to the Windows default audio output. I would like to choose in game which card to use, instead of changing my settings in Windows.

I have three cards now, one for stereos, one for my Zalman 5.1 headset that I use when racing, and one for Skype. As my computer is our all-purpose machine in the family, I would prefer to always keep the default audio for stereo speakers, and choose 5.1 headsets for LFS. For example in WinAmp and in Skype you can choose which card to use, so that it overrides what you have chosen in Windows.
3 soundcards in one PC??!??!?
Having 3 soundcards instaled in MB is ok, but all of them are working haha weird. My friend just build external switch: speakers/headphones and it works really fine.
I think it is cheaper at easier then buying another sound card.
#4 - apo3d
This is a great suggestion!
I've had the same problem, but it was a late night and i was too lazy to post it here. I have two sound cards, one for playing music all the time in the room and one for the headset.
Quote from Tokartta :Using this is a bit easier than going to control panel > sounds and audio devices each time you need to change soundcard: http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/

Thanks, this looks to help a little. Still, it would be great to get this thing into the game, as I would assume that it would be one of the easiest improvement suggestions to implement.
Well this program (Quicksoundswitch) actually solved the issue until I recently installed a Polycom Communicator into my system. It is a usb device with audio capabilities, both speaker and mic. Unfortunately after installing this the Quicksoundswitch does not work anymore, I mean I can choose any other audio device like before, but it only changes in the user interface, not in Windows audio properties.

So I would still like my original suggestion be implemented in LFS some time.
#8 - Tomi
IMHO : This choice should be handled by the operating system (via directx in this case), not LFS

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG