The online racing simulator
g25 shifter sequential mode broken !!! (solved)
so i got my g25 early december, set it up at my desk to test it a few days and everything worked fine. then i put it back in in its box and in storage because i was redecorating my flat over the holiday season. so it sat in its box for about five weeks.
yesterday i recieved my playseat and build it up set up the g25 and started to play - shock! - sequential mode on the h-shifter is broken!
to change from h-pattern to sequential you push down the shifter and turn the big silver knob. the knob normaly makes a sound like "klack - klack", however mine does sound like KRRAcks - sccriectch - krrCKS now is very hard to turn, and the gear lever seems to be stuck when in sequential. so it does not jump back to the middle position and is hard to move. h-pattern mode works flawless, no problem with reverse gear either.
another problem is the microswitch for the right paddle - this sometimes seems to stick when pressed and does not go back to unpressed for half a second. not that big of a problem because it is my upshift side, but if this problem arises on the other side i won´t be able to do fast downshifts.
seems like i have to return it and hope that i get it replaced. used my red momo since 2001 and aside from tightening the obvious loose motor haven´t had a single problem with it - and now the g25 is broken after three days of use?
anyone out threre having this problems?

peace mo

edit: seems that it was my mistake! as i dissasembled the wheel from my racing rig to bring it back to the shop, the sequential mode worked again like before. on further inspection i saw that the screws that bolt it to my rig were tightened to much, causing a slight bend in the plastic housing and so the shifter was sort of stuck.
now everything is back to normal. so no replacement needed. yesss, back on the track... see ya racing...
I believe instead of returning the entire product. Could you just have logitech send you another shifter? under there manufacturer warranty?
its simple man....USE THE H-PATTERN INSTAED OF THE SEQUENTIAL....sequential is for noobs
#4 - Gunn
Quote from carmaniac1993 :its simple man....USE THE H-PATTERN INSTAED OF THE SEQUENTIAL....sequential is for noobs

No, excessive use of uppercase letters in forum posts is for n00bs. Sequential shifters are used on particular cars, h-pattern on other particular cars, and paddle shifters on other particular cars.
thanks for the replies. as you can see my problem is solved already.

the sequential mode on the gearshifter is of great use for me when playing richard burns rally. there i shift with the paddles and use the stick as an emergency brake.
in lfs i like to use the mode that comes closest to the car i drive. paddles in the single seaters. h-pattern in the lx6 etc.
the fz50 might have a h-pattern gearbox, but i like to drive mine with the sequential paddles. (i ordered this directly from the factory, besides my custom paintjob...)

peace mo
#6 - Kanuz
removed, I created a new topic.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG