The online racing simulator
Render Program.
(15 posts, started )
Render Program.
Ok first off how excatly is this done? Do you have to have mad artistic skills or what? I've seen a post on here where some guy said that most of the pople who got 3Ds max havent paid for it? Also can I do this kind of work with a freeware render program? If I can what program do you prefer? I've tried Blender and I'm not sure what I was doing and wasnt able to figure out how to import things.

Thanks- MIKE
Attached images
Render of skyline.jpg
Render of skyline2.jpg
#2 - Jakg
Most people use 3DSMax, its NOT free, just that people don't pay for it
Yep, what Jakg said is right.
Btw, if you didnt understand anything in blender, what makes you think you are gonna find 3dsmax easier?
For you, and everybody else who is planning to use 3dsmax for LFS renders i'd recommend reading Autodesk's tutorial: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3dsmax_ref_vol1.pdf
(or at least the first 2 chapters) in order to get a basic idea of the user interface.
Quote from ramtech :Yep, what Jakg said is right.
Btw, if you didnt understand anything in blender, what makes you think you are gonna find 3dsmax easier?
For you, and everybody else who is planning to use 3dsmax for LFS renders i'd recommend reading Autodesk's tutorial: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3dsmax_ref_vol1.pdf
(or at least the first 2 chapters) in order to get a basic idea of the user interface.

Well I never said 3ds max would be easier. All I'm trying to do is learn. Thats it. I'd like to know what programs are good.
Also, if you want those really really really nice renders you have to get the brazil plugin.
#6 - Davo
There's a trial version of 3dsmax available to download and Brazil Rio is free but limited to small size renders.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Also, if you want those really really really nice renders you have to get the brazil plugin.

actually... mental ray (free) is the best renderer out there, and is used by the profesionals, the others such as raytrace, vray, brazil, maxwell, renderman, and final render are actually just alternatives that.. although can create good images are nowhere near the original mental ray

its kinda like the old saying, you may read books, but i have more years under my belt; and mental ray... has been a wip render software for what i believe over a decade and a half, while these others are really only half a decade or less old

besides blender though, i've heard of milkshape.. er.. which nevermind is 25$ or 25 euro, there's something else though that is free but i can't recall what its called

ok, i finally found what i was looking for
i've come across this guy who has a website (www.colacola.se), who is extremely well known for his amazing renders and quality on his airplane models, and i was looking through a tutorial of his once, and said he was using this program wings3d, which is a free nurms modeler, i dont know of anyone that has ever tried (much less heard) of it, so i guess you could test it out and see how it works for you, otherwise the only best alternative i know of is blender which supports a TON of stuff for being free
http://www.wings3d.com/
Quote from XCNuse :actually... mental ray (free) is the best renderer out there, and is used by the profesionals, the others such as raytrace, vray, brazil, maxwell, renderman, and final render are actually just alternatives that.. although can create good images are nowhere near the original mental ray

its kinda like the old saying, you may read books, but i have more years under my belt; and mental ray... has been a wip render software for what i believe over a decade and a half, while these others are really only half a decade or less old

besides blender though, i've heard of milkshape.. er.. which nevermind is 25$ or 25 euro, there's something else though that is free but i can't recall what its called

ok, i finally found what i was looking for
i've come across this guy who has a website (www.colacola.se), who is extremely well known for his amazing renders and quality on his airplane models, and i was looking through a tutorial of his once, and said he was using this program wings3d, which is a free nurms modeler, i dont know of anyone that has ever tried (much less heard) of it, so i guess you could test it out and see how it works for you, otherwise the only best alternative i know of is blender which supports a TON of stuff for being free
http://www.wings3d.com/

Well.. i tried it for 15 mins. Its totally different than 3dsmax but its interface is very simple. Now, about modelling a car or something, i dont see any way how to. Any idea if there are any tutorials around?
:google:
Quote from wheel4hummer :Also, if you want those really really really nice renders you have to get the brazil plugin.

Ewwwww! I think not

Brazil's horrible.. both vray and finalrender are much better

Regards,

Ian
Whats up guys, I've tried out the Wings 3D and wasnt to happy about it, cant draw with it. Also where can i get the trial version for 3ds max?
Man, ive been at my friends house again in ages. He's got a G5 so i told him to get into 3D. And Blender is what hes got. So, me after bout half a year workin with max, and all high from nice strong weed late @ night, started to figure out the basic shortcuts.. And man this Blender is soo simple. It reminds of Xsi abit. Not that im an xsi user, just tried it..

But yeah, what i would advice is just chek the basic help for key shortcuts and basic tools. Thats how u start to learn. But yeah that night we made a gun

• 3D's Max Trial

• Softimage XSi-6 (All u need)
I filled out the fourm and i keep getting this ERROR What can i do?

Error Processing Autodesk Download Request
We have encountered an error in processing your request for the download.
This download is only available by filling out the download form on the Autodesk website and following the instructions sent to you in the resulting email.
If you reached this page after following those instructions, then some unexpected condition is preventing you from receiving the download.

Please note:
  1. If you are using personal firewall software, you may need to temporarily disable the firewall and then re-enable it after the download.
  2. You may need to temporarily disable any download manager or download accelerator software in order to access the software download.
  3. Left-click on the downloads normally, rather than using any of the right-click options in your browser.
  4. Make sure you are using a standard internet browser.
  5. If the link that was emailed to you worked before and it does not work now, please fill out the download form on the Autodesk website and follow the instructions.
well just do what it says.. or try another browser...
like opera or firefox. It's gotta be your error.

Render Program.
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG