Amd athlon xp 3200+ "barton"
1gig of Kingstons DDR running @ 400mhz
80gig Harddrive dont know what , came with comp not sata
Gainward geforce 7600gt 256mb
800W Xion powerreal Powersupply

and in lfs i have steady fps of 40 illepall
when i go twin i have under 35
when i race i have 10 !

when the fps goes under 35 it starts to lag , due to the fact that a human eye can only process 35frames per second

so i need some Info on how can i get the FPS running better around 70-100

here's some Everest Notes , sorry the program is set to : finnish
Attached images
Comp specs.jpg
Computerfanspeeds+Temperatures.jpg
CpuClocks.jpg
#2 - Jakg
Tried re-installing the drivers?
#3 - Woz
Quote from Havokki :when the fps goes under 35 it starts to lag , due to the fact that a human eye can only process 35frames per second

Arrrrg not this myth again. You eye can notice more its just a tech thing about film and CRT and the way they produce light coupled with other effect to help produce a consistent picture.

If this were true you could set you max FPS to 35 and it would be perfect as you cant see more. The KEY thing you notice is CHANGES in fps. Set your fps to max out at say 40 or 50. You wont get the wild swings in fps so everything will feel more solid.

BTW, what graphics setting do you have on your card drivers and what res you running at etc. Also you CPU might be the weak point, 35fps on the start grid is not that bad btw if its a full grid, LFS has to do a huge amount of physics calculation in this situation.
#4 - richy
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17767

heres my thread where I discovered some things wrong with my system. It appears by your everest that this is none of this really applies to you but its a good reference I suppose.

I would suggest running everest while you play live for speed then alt tab and check out what the temps are saying. Temps while idle are lower then when its under strain.

Check out the running processes by pressing ctrl - alt - del and then click the processes tab then google them to find out exactly what they are. This is an awesome peice of software for this, http://www.snapfiles.com/get/processexplorer.html great tool. alternatively run msconfig from start menu.

Another thing is checking for Viruses / Malware / Spyware.

Defrag your hard disk and do a disk cleanup too.
Same card and im getting 70.. tryed reinstalling drivers (like said ahead) changing settings etc
Small update , i turned vsync off in game im getting sudden spikes of fps goes to +130 and then drops to normal its better now , running @ allmost 70fps

and i know the cpu is a weak point

cant buy a new one cause i would need a new motherboard also cause that is the best cpu i can get on this one

i have vertex shading ON and vsync OFF
i have the latest drivers etc etc
one day ill finally get a cpu update

and ive re-installed drivers several times + used drivercleane
#7 - Woz
Quote from Havokki :Small update , i turned vsync off in game im getting sudden spikes of fps goes to +130 and then drops to normal its better now , running @ allmost 70fps

and i know the cpu is a weak point

cant buy a new one cause i would need a new motherboard also cause that is the best cpu i can get on this one

i have vertex shading ON and vsync OFF
i have the latest drivers etc etc
one day ill finally get a cpu update

and ive re-installed drivers several times + used drivercleane

If 70 is your stable sort of level set maxfps in LFS to 70. You will really notice jumps to 130 as that is a 50+ fps change. 70 is a good stable fps level.

Yep, vsync is a huge killer and LFS does not show tear issues like an FP Shooter will.
asd
Hmm how can i check my FPS in game?
Quote from juurme :
Hmm how can i check my FPS in game?

it tells you in top left corner while our racing round the track...
Well i have even worse FPS!!Usually i got 30 its like normal...While twin its 20 and when near to other cars 3 or more then fps is 5-10.
Do my pc fills the game requirements?
RAM: 191 (Must be 256 but i dont know why 181)
Processor: Intel clereon CPU 2.53Ghz
Graphics card:VIA/S3G UniChrome PRO Igp
Hard disk : 40 GB of 20 Usage

I know its little stone age computer but...Do i have any chance to get lfs running of FPS around 40-50 while near to 5 cars.Im not enought good to buy S2 license and race with around 20 ppl.
Quote from juurme :
Well i have even worse FPS!!Usually i got 30 its like normal...While twin its 20 and when near to other cars 3 or more then fps is 5-10.

I know its little stone age computer but...Do i have any chance to get lfs running of FPS around 40-50 while near to 5 cars.Im not enought good to buy S2 license and race with around 20 ppl.

its your video card that's killing you. your cpu is good enough to get you into the 40-50 range.

when i first got my dad into LFS, he was playing on a very similarly speced computer, and was getting almost exactly the same FPS as you are listing.

your video card is an on board video card (igp = integrated graphics processor) and 90% of those are absolutely horrible at 3d applications. they also use shared memory, which is why your 256mb of ram is reported as 181 -191...the video card is leeching 65-75mb of memory from your system.

you don't need an expensive video card either. my dad got a 9600pro for $50us and gets in the 40-60 range, with a low of ~30fps on race start.
Quote from juurme :

More ram , 512 is enough
new Graphics card "ati radeon 9200se" is good for a very low price
Hehe ok il try to change my computer with my sister one...His comp has 256 RAM and ATI Radeon 9200 and 1.8 GHz processor
much better

just buy a extra 256 ram stick its around 15 euros or so and you will have a playable machine
Quote from juurme :
change my computer with my sister one...His comp has 256 RAM and ATI Radeon 9200 and 1.8 GHz processor

Low fps on a good Graphics card
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG