The online racing simulator
Saiko D: Sleepy Dragons
(48 posts, started )
It's been some time since I've made a new video, so I got a bit rusty with editing.. But I still hope that you guys/girls like it. Enjoy and comments please.

http://saikod.gamerz-alliance.com/SaikoDSleepyDragons.wmv
http://208.53.158.216/boyd/SaikoDSleepyDragons.wmv

Video hosted on our sponsor server - Gamerz Alliance.

edit(just pasting a post from the bottom of this page):

Two mirrors had to go down due to bandwidth usage, because of the movie. New mirror:

SaikoDSleepyDragons

Again, thanks to our sponsor - lfs.gamerz-alliance.com.

DodgyBro also uploaded youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUN4u_tOHoU

But the effects don't look too good on it(Especially the shaky cam).
Im not a drift fan, but the movie is really good.. and it was really nice to watch it too. Well done. Good stuff for sure!!
Movie is great ! Nice effects, music, timing, action ...everything, but movie isnt in good quallity, there are lots of graphics problems (for example buildings in South City...) more AA or AF next time, or maybe bettre rendering... 7/10 (-3 for that graphics)

BTW what program u using for editing ? THX
Thx for comments.

Spangler_CZE: That's best quality I could get without things getting choppy I've used Premiere to edit.
#5 - Bosse
Maybe stupid question but are you recording in lower fps and speed? Then double the fps in Virtualdub (or other program that does it)? Then you don't have to have the best computer to make a smooth vid with high graphics..

The movie is, as said, awesome
Yes I do Bosse, thx again.
Heh, for me the quality is good.. but well, I guess I dont know what's good
Nice one. As Spangler says, only problem is in graphic level, but for me, it is not 7... 8/10, because of very good effects and timing
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: OMG the shaky cam was absolutely mindblowing.
Kam, I gotta say you did a splendid job again! It's very entertaining to watch because it's so balanced and well thought out! The music fits right to the action every single moment and the action also flowed dynamically accoring to the music. The effects were great (maybe a bit too blurry..) and you made it look very realistic!

Thanks once again, reading those comments makes me really happy and willing to continue making lfs movies.
O.o wow amazing video! Kamkor u are one of the best movie-makers of LFS. Ur videos are awesome: I'm remembering "Out of Control, and another Saiko-D videos which are very good too .
#13 - d6nn
omg GREAT!!! how did u do that shaky cam?
For a "drive by" movie it's superb! Great timing with effects. Not really sure about the music. But overall a pleasure to watch.
#16 - Gunn
A great effort Kam, very enjoyable, and good to see you back at Saiko D.
Thanks a lot.

@d6nn: I used sapphire shake effect and modified it a bit. Same thing can be done manualy by changing movie size and position + some other little tweaks. I've also added some blur.
Wouldn't expect any less from you kam.
"-4 for drifts"
Quote from Moonclaw :Wouldn't expect any less from you kam.
"-4 for drifts"

So why u watching it ? -4 is realy hard I think...
I think Moonie was just being sarcastic. I find "-x because it's a drift movie" very funny.
Nice one!
I really like it, the vid has a lot of good qualities.

Some constructive critisism: The demo (LFS Saiko D demo movie.wmv, which is the only other movie by you I've seen) feels more refined, I'm not talking about the technology but scene selection and editing. On the other hand, in the Dragons movie you have much more speed and drama, some clips are awsome and elegant, but it feels like there are some "filler" clips as well. In the demo on the other hand everything felt spot on.
I would guess you put more hours into the demo though? So perhaps the comparrison isn't entirely fair.

Still, a good one and a keeper

Steve
Quote from RBSteve :I really like it, the vid has a lot of good qualities.

Some constructive critisism: The demo (LFS Saiko D demo movie.wmv, which is the only other movie by you I've seen) feels more refined, I'm not talking about the technology but scene selection and editing. On the other hand, in the Dragons movie you have much more speed and drama, some clips are awsome and elegant, but it feels like there are some "filler" clips as well. In the demo on the other hand everything felt spot on.
I would guess you put more hours into the demo though? So perhaps the comparrison isn't entirely fair.

Still, a good one and a keeper

Steve

If you want to see more (awesome) videos from kamkor: http://www.lfs-torque.net/cgi- ... b2/YaBB.pl?num=1169052938
Can I ask what program You recorded it with? Awesome video BTW. Its definatly my favourite Drift Vid ever.
Thanks again,

mcintyrej: I recorded it with fraps.

RBSteve: I've put some time in demo, but then it was years ago, in 2004. It took me longer to make movies then. I also think that Saiko D Demo Movie was better "thought" video overally, even if the effects were worse, some clips were choppy etc. Anyway, thx for criticism, I'm glad that someone still likes that old movie nowadays.

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG