The online racing simulator
Ramtech's thread of 3d things
(12 posts, started )
Ramtech's thread of 3d WIP's

Here's a preview of the XRR i've been working on this afternoon.
I'm planning to model all the parts that are missing (or displayed as textures in LFS)
LOL Everyone @ this forum should create a thread called "****'s thread of 3d things" . On topic: This is not bad, but still, the headlights freak me out, they're too wavy IMO, and set your Index of refraction for the windshield to 1.0 because the interior looks.... strange Imagine the view from the inside on the ouside... Can you drive that?
Since im working on 3d stuff on daily basis (mostly architectural visualisations), i guess making my own thread is a good move.
Yes yes, i know about the glass, i was playing with the IOR setting and forgot it at 1.7
IOR for the glass should be set around 1.02 for 3dsmax, its got a strange thing when it comes to IOR, its not right at all

besides the car and whatnot; the background... although i'll say it doesn't fit in to well color wise, its actually... really interesting i kinda like it, obviously its a bit sparse and could have more going on in it, but its kinda cool looking if you were to model a concept car, then it would look right
Just an update to the XRR
I dont seem to be getting the lights as i want them to be.. hmm
Comments on the headlights please

allmost there i think the headlights should a bit darker , i mean just a small amount and it looks like the car doesn't have windows , note the Right hand side Headlight doesen't have a shadow like the left side has
Quote from ramtech :Just an update to the XRR
I dont seem to be getting the lights as i want them to be.. hmm
Comments on the headlights please

Windows are WAY too transparent, and the lights are too noisy imo. try to model them maybe? there was a tut on the net somewhere
Quote from Havokki : note the Right hand side Headlight doesen't have a shadow like the left side has

That's not a shadow, that's a reflection...
oops >.< im an idiot

i didnt look so closely
#10 - Davo
Looks good if you're going for the cartoon look
Quote from Funnycat :Windows are WAY too transparent, and the lights are too noisy imo. try to model them maybe? there was a tut on the net somewhere

The lights ARE modelled
I'm working on the materials now
Hey ramtech, u gave me an idea, i'm not good in critizising other peoples work, i'll try to model the headlight and tell u what i did. Now come to think of it, that'd give me a nice break from my BMW modeling.

Ramtech's thread of 3d things
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG