The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Race 7 - Post-race discussion
I know the race still hasn't happened but here are qualy results. As you can see, that grid is really close up front so get on LFS spectator (vMaxHome) and watch if you aren't already watching.
Attached images
Race7-qual.JPG
#2 - maczo
Well it is over for me. Freaking electricity went out for one second...
I didn't like the combo (partially cause I suck at it, partially cause it's just boring) but still I could've had a nice fight with Fel if not for the disconnect.
That's two dissappointing rounds in a row for me now.
Shit happens maczo :/
I had quite good race today..now i'm sure i suck at last few corners - messed up few good split times.
Now for apologies :P
Sry goes to Tyrion for first few laps...i was unstable and blocked him a little.
-----------------------------
I had interesting fight with Tonix - really very agressive moves ( in good way) i wasn't prepared for. Like the one after second split when he slide in on the right ( i was sure there's no room) and it went out perfectly for him hehe - ok enough of this bla bla

I finished 7th overall and 3rd in lx4
#4 - axus
Meh.
/me sends axe murderers after SamH.
#5 - filur
Good race tonight, a shame about server problems again We seem to be completely and utterly jinxed.

But no need to apologize kamo, I didn't really see anything wrong in your driving
After the disco's I was about to start chasing Filur.Then I realized I lost time to him on every lap which took me a bit by surprise, and my only hope was that he messed up, but that didn't happen unfortunately. Gratz to the winners
Was great fun even though I was completely out of pace. Before the race I thought that low 3:13s are nough for 3rd-5th place but how wrong I was. People were doing 3:12s constantly so my plan of early pitstop and catching up went out the window. Still, had amazing first laps, constantly fighting with people around me and, even though, I was dropping like a stone I still had great fun and some good close racing. Went for an early pitstop at 5th lap but got a drivethrough which basically ruined my chances for good result.

Too bad so many discoed . Was a lot better than the KY3R "endu" race. Had some great fights with so many people .

good race, too bad for the discoes...
#8 - bozo
I calculated that the race pace for the LX4s would be around 3:32 / 3:33, based on taking a peek at filur's best online lap of 3:34 something. I only got down to 3:36 something in practice, and thought that might be okay to cling onto the coat-tails of the main bunch. Ooops!

I'm not sure if it was my setup or my lines, but I lost most of my time in that middle sector.

I had a worry during the middle of the race when Pow found some pace, lapping some 1 sec a lap quicker than me. Then Tonix did a pitstop (and drive-through penalty), and the pressure was on to try to retain 9th place over the last 10 laps. Tonix caught me on lap 21, and sped off into the distance, but thankfully I maintained a gap between myself and Pow.

Pity about all the disconnects. I saw the out of stash message and really did hope we weren't going to see a repeat of last week ... both for the sake of anybody disconnected, and because I didn't really fancy another long race on this circuit!

Blackwood next. Let's hope it's a good one.
#9 - tonix
Not too good race for me . After the pb in qualifications i had a good feeling, but crash in T2 of the first lap (not my fault) caused damage to suspension and steering, so i had difficulties controling the car. I managed to catch Roy and Kamo and we had a great battle for a couple of laps until i lost control in S/F chicane and wrecked the car completely. I had to pit and i scored myself a D/T penalty. I started the chase with 15 sec gap to Pow and 25+ sec to bozo and finished about 15 sec in front of bozo .
should have re-blocked messages.

at least i got my wallet back!
Bad luck Tonix - shit happens. Thanks for covering for me though, much appreciated!
Strange race for me....I had the pace to get pole but ended up hitting tyres on last corner lol.....Started last and also behind 2 lx4s but they were not a problems from the start. Started pushing hard and also made a mistake last corner yet again only it was breaking to late with some danage that i got from rob a few laps before and spun out costing me yet again so a 2nd place was a good result for me and also getting a laptime that was faster that current wr without a draft. Good race anyway i actually enjoy this league.
Well the mother started talking on the line about the dakar...totally missed the green light and just when i was about to get half way to T1 there was almighty thunder going off above our house. South African storms are not to be even thought of as a joke so i was gone.

Pity as was looking really forward to the race because it was gonna be fast and tight!

Thanks Tonix for taking the LX4 seat. Have a Happy Birthday today too!
First time in LX4 for me. Qualy went ok but since i almost had no prac i was 15th iirc. Could overtake some guys at the first laps and had great fights with Kamo and Tonix. Around lap 12 Tonix crashed behind me and Kamo drove slowly away. Just doing my own laps at a consistant pace, made no mistakes at al and drove some pb's in the end of the race. My last pb was in last lap
Yea i saw it on almost all laps :} i was worried u will catch me but later on i had some good laps and was less nervous than earlier..
Bad race for me, disco in lap 7.

I'm just writing to say that this track is totally boring when preparing for the race, but the few laps in race were awesome fun, seeing the other guy before you, how you're catching up, and disgussing about the best strategies (with robi). I would like to see it again next time!

1 vote for AS GP!
#17 - axus
Sam cannot find any traces of packet loss on our server. My suspicion is that maczo's power tripping caused him to lag out which had domino effect and messed up the connection for a few others too. Let's hope that all is well next week.
Anyone got a half decent LX4 set for AS GP? Can't seem to do better than 3:27 with what i have now.

Thanks Guys.

Ant.
Thanks Filur.

Least now I know it's my driving.
half decent? I suspect that's the wr set
#22 - axus
I'll do the results for this race (despite the catastrophe which it was) later today or tomorrow. I'm sorry I haven't done them yet - the shit has been flying all week.
#23 - axus
I know I said these would be up today... well, I started working on a program to do it automatically, most of it is done, I just need the results .csv. Filur, can you please upload that? Another hour or two of coding and these should come pretty instantly after the race.
#24 - axus
My happy proggy is done. So.

Points from Round 7:
Pos Classpos Driver Team Car Points

1 1 Robi Rotwild MTB LX6 16
2 2 B11TME 1st Racing LX6 12
3 3 Hyperactive Speedsix LX6 9
4 4 FEL Fred Loves Pie LX6 7
5 1 Filur Fred Loves Pie LX4 18
6 2 L.Thomsen De Loor Motorsport LX4 13
7 3 Kamo K&M Racing LX4 10
8 4 R.Diederen 1st Racing LX4 7
9 5 ToniX Tripple7Racing LX4 4
10 6 Bozo Speedsix LX4 2
11 7 Pow WRC Team LX4 0

Driver Standings after Round 7
Team Car Points

De Loor Motorsport LX6 53
De Loor Motorsport LX4 37

K&M Racing LX6 36
K&M Racing LX4 50.5

Fred Loves Pie LX6 17.5
Fred Loves Pie LX4 59

Tripple7Racing LX6 39
Tripple7Racing LX4 25

1st Racing LX6 34
1st Racing LX4 24

Rotwild MTB LX6 44
Rotwild MTB LX4 12

Speedsix LX6 44
Speedsix LX4 10

WRC Team LX6 24.5
WRC Team LX4 2

vMaxSR LX6 16.5
vMaxSR LX4 9.5

Tiaya Kemuri LX6 6
Tiaya Kemuri LX4 1.5

Team Points after Round 7:
Team Points

De Loor Motorsport 90
K&M Racing 86.5
Fred Loves Pie 76.5
Tripple7Racing 64
1st Racing 58
Rotwild MTB 56
Speedsix 54
WRC Team 26.5
vMaxSR 26
Tiaya Kemuri 7.5

EDIT: Sorry, pasted something wrong - its fixed now.
Woohoo - We love you Anton!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG