The online racing simulator
Champ Car adds Euro Tour
(13 posts, started )
Champ Car adds Euro Tour
From champcar.ws

CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES ANNOUNCES THE ADDITION OF TWO EUROPEAN EVENTS TO THE 2007 CALENDAR

The Champ Car World Series today announced that it will return to Europe for the first time since 2003 with inaugural races in Holland and Belgium. Events added to the Champ Car World Series calendar will take place September 2 at the TT Circuit in Assen, Holland and September 9 at the Zolder circuit in Belgium. It will be the first time that Champ Car has raced in either of the two European nations.

more...

--

Even though it was already clear Champ Car was working on a return to Europe, it's great to see it officialy confirmed. This year's calendar now features 17 races, the new car is looking great. Can't wait for the season to start in Las Vegas.

For Assen & Zolder, I'll be at both. I live almost exactly in between both circuits
Finally the "World Series" part makes sense

Champ Car is quite a cool series, it's nice that they are going to other locations.
w00t thats nice

Come visit Denmark !.

You could race on.... hmm ... uhmm... meh

we dont got any propper race tracks
and it will drive to China
If they wanted real track in Europe, they should have gone to Brands, Snett, Oulton or Donington!
To dig up an old topic, the Euro Tour was succesful enough for Champ Car to come back again next year and even add a third race in Jerez. Spain here I come! Maybe anyone from Spain knows more about how this deal got into place? Anyway, I look forward to visiting Spain next year

2008 calendar:

April 20-Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach-Long Beach, California
April 27-Champ Car Grand Prix of Houston-Houston, Texas

May 18-Champ Car Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca-Monterey, California

June 1-Champ Car Belgium at Circuit Zolder-Zolder, Belgium
June 8-Champ Car Spain at Circuito Permanente de Jerez-Jerez, Spain
June 22-Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland-Cleveland, Ohio
June 29-Champ Car Mont-Tremblant-Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada

July 6-Steelback Grand Prix of Toronto-Toronto, Ontario, Canada
July 20-Rexall Grand Prix of Edmonton-Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
July 27-Champ Car Portland-Portland, Oregon

August 10-Road America Grand Prix-Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

September 14-Champ Car Holland at the TT Circuit Assen-Assen, Holland

October 26-Gold Coast Indy 300-Surfers Paradise, Australia

November 9-Gran Premio Tecate Presentado por Banamex-Mexico City, Mexico
champ car round the final turnof Assen TT would be very interesting, but I bert it gets changed and flattend out
As I said this is an old thread, so they raced their last season.

The chicane was left as it is. On friday several drivers where struggling to find a good line and one or two spinned their, but no incident happened in the race.

The best story of the weekend was the USA national anthem. Turned out that the guy who was supposed to sing the American and Dutch anthem only thought he had to sing the Dutch one. He didn't even knew the words for the American anthem. So the circuit announcer had a go at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1Ehizwg8k

haha funny stuff..

Hopefully ill be at the Gold Coast Indy next year.
Quote from Krutch :As I said this is an old thread, so they raced their last season.

The chicane was left as it is. On friday several drivers where struggling to find a good line and one or two spinned their, but no incident happened in the race.

The best story of the weekend was the USA national anthem. Turned out that the guy who was supposed to sing the American and Dutch anthem only thought he had to sing the Dutch one. He didn't even knew the words for the American anthem. So the circuit announcer had a go at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1Ehizwg8k

Hahahaha, that is great!!!!
I'll watch that tommorrow when I (might be able to) can see straight. Sounds like a gas!

I didn't even know about the Euro rounds this year!
Quote from Thorvertonian :champ car round the final turnof Assen TT would be very interesting, but I bert it gets changed and flattend out

I'm not familiar with Assen, but for safety reasons? Obviously Champ Car doesn't run on the world's safest tracks (Road America )
Now that bourdais is gone we should see much more competition at the front.

Champ Car adds Euro Tour
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG