The online racing simulator
Tyre Brand
(9 posts, started )
Tyre Brand
Hi people!

I just wanna know if the brand of the tyre (Michelin, Evostar, CromoPlain, Torro, etc) has any impact in the grip, wear or anything, or it's just cosmetic.

Thanx!
just cosmetic I'm afraid
Thanx a lot.

Although my Noob question, I've been playing for some time now (3 months aprox) and I'm S2 since 2 weeks ago
Tip: Stay away from those cheap Torro import tyres, they fall apart in hot conditions after 10 laps.
I've swapped my texture file over to Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin and Yokohama now.
Welcome to S2!
Quote from al heeley :Tip: Stay away from those cheap Torro import tyres, they fall apart in hot conditions after 10 laps.
Welcome to S2!

Is this a joke? Sorry but my english is not good enough to let me realize if you're talking serious or not illepall
#6 - Jakg
its a Joke, it doesn't make any difference

...yet!
#7 - bbman
Quote from The User Is On Fire! :Hi people!

I just wanna know if the brand of the tyre (Michelin, Evostar, CromoPlain, Torro, etc) has any impact in the grip, wear or anything, or it's just cosmetic.

Thanx!

No, it doesn't make a difference, but iirc Scawen once (about April last year) said that they would get different specs at some point in the future...
Quote from bbman :No, it doesn't make a difference, but iirc Scawen once (about April last year) said that they would get different specs at some point in the future...

i wonder how that will work out ... atm we have 3 types of slicks per car 2 of which are more or less useless afaik even the moe drivers run on r2s
I guess the harder compounds will come into play once we have different (hotter) track conditions available. Or maybe there's simply still a considerable chunk missing regarding the dynamics of tyre heating and wear, which makes the soft compounds overly effective.

Tyre Brand
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG