The online racing simulator
Need some help with my G25
(25 posts, started )
Rite, my G25 arived today. I installed the drivers and stuff, plugged it in correctly and set it up. But, when i go into the game nothing happens. The clutch seems to be down all the time as the blue bar is up. I can shift fine, all the gears go up and down. The accelarator and brake do nothing when i press them. The wheel doesnt do anything when i turn it either, it just staus at one lock. Please help me.
#2 - Jakg
Have you assigned the axis'? tried inverting them? made sure they are NOT set to combined in the Logitech Software?
Sorry lol, but i have no idea what that means...
have look at this thread

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17961

it will take you a while to figure it all out and get it setup correctly, took me a few hours on mine,

as the above post make sure you have the axis correctly assigned, easy way to do this is while you are in select mode of the assignment for example hit the clutch and then u will know the correct axis assignment for the clutch and so on.....
OK i sorta fixed it. It needed a new powerpack. So i bought one, now the wheel has FF and stuff.

But my brakes and stuff have gone really wierd. the wheel works, but is only running at 180 degrees and no further. Any help guyz?
Setting up the G25
Im in desperation now. 2 days and my G25 still isnt working. Please, can someone tell me how to set it up and configure it correctly so its ready to run on LFS.

Thanks in advance. This is probably my last chance of getting it sorted before i send it back to Logitech. Please please please help me.
I assume you have installed the Logitech drivers that came with the wheel, so have you also taken a look at the various wheel settings? Respectively, does the wheel report proper reaction in the wheel properties dialog (with the little animated pedals and stuff)?
Yeh the bars and that for the accelerator all go up and down fine. Im only getting 180 degree rotation which is retarded, as ive set it to 720.
Do you mean the wheel stops at 180° (the FF motors stop rotation) or do you only get 180° in LFS?
Yeh it stops at 180 when i spin it. It can be moved further, but its really hard and the PC doesnt recognise it anyway. It does it in the setup with the little round wheel. It only spins 90 degree each way. And in LFS to, the driver throws the wheel all the way round from 180, thud impossible to control. It doesnt actually spin in LFS now tho. I turn the wheel and the driver does nothing.
#11 - Jakg
Hmmm.... Have you tried making sure that the roation in the Logitech Driver Profiler is set to 900?
I dont know how to set it to 900 on the profiler. In control panel> game controllers etc ive set it to 900.
Set it up with those configs.... Still dead.
oohhkay ok .. unistall all logitech wheel drivers and start from scratch

1) plug in ur wheel it should do the random spinny thing
2) install the drivers u got with it
3) do all the dumb stuff like installing teh drivers and w/e
4) set the wheel rotation to 720 in the control pannel thingy , spring centering to 0 (dunno if thats what its called, its the bottom arrow).
5) when u start LFS it should auto set up ur shifter, clutch, wheel and the flappy paddles and stuff with look left + right as the red buttons
6) set the steering rotation in game to 720 and sterring compensation or summink to 1.

o.o hope that helps
~S14
sounds to me that you have got a faulty one, bring it back and get a replacement, if you have it set to 900 in the control pane>>game controllers>> profile then it should turn 900 immediatly when you click ok on the profile to save settings
Quote from S14 DRIFT :oohhkay ok .. unistall all logitech wheel drivers and start from scratch

1) plug in ur wheel it should do the random spinny thing
2) install the drivers u got with it
3) do all the dumb stuff like installing teh drivers and w/e
4) set the wheel rotation to 720 in the control pannel thingy , spring centering to 0 (dunno if thats what its called, its the bottom arrow).
5) when u start LFS it should auto set up ur shifter, clutch, wheel and the flappy paddles and stuff with look left + right as the red buttons
6) set the steering rotation in game to 720 and sterring compensation or summink to 1.

o.o hope that helps
~S14

Thats fixed the majority of it! Thanks a bunch man! You get 20 cool points and 2 cookies!

Now, the clutch is constantly half way down according to the little bars, and im not getting enough speed from it. any help? Thanks a lot you guyz, youve really helped me out. 100 cool points each .
Does pressing the clutch change anything?
Btw, did you try it on track also, or only in the options menu? I recall there was (is?) a bug that sometimes the clutch displays wrongly in the options menu... speaking of that, you are using patch V, aren't you?

As for the ingame setup, it should look somewhat like this: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=20275&d=1164832523
When i press the clutch, it just goes up to its normal stance. Its no big deal tho, its still perfectly driveable . And as for that set, ill configure mine later for it to work.

Just driving about on CityDriving. Its like learning to drive on LFS all over again lol.
#20 - Gunn
For future reference, Logitech recommend installing the drivers before plugging in the wheel.
Quote from harlen :When i press the clutch, it just goes up to its normal stance. Its no big deal tho, its still perfectly driveable . And as for that set, ill configure mine later for it to work.

Click the Recallibrate Axis button thingy and try that o.O
In the control pannel thingy does it sit and the bottom of the bar and go up liek normal?
And helpin u was no problem

*and btw those cookies where TASSSTY!!!*
Quote from harlen :Rite, my G25 arived today. I installed the drivers and stuff, plugged it in correctly and set it up. But, when i go into the game nothing happens. The clutch seems to be down all the time as the blue bar is up. I can shift fine, all the gears go up and down. The accelarator and brake do nothing when i press them. The wheel doesnt do anything when i turn it either, it just staus at one lock. Please help me.

Setting up the G25 in LFS can be very daunting, and often seems like something is wrong with the wheel. The best way to tell if your wheel is working correctly is to plug it into a PS2 and run GT4. If all works here then your setup in LFS (or whatever PC game you use) is wrong. Don't assume that the wheel is at fault as often a simple mis-direction in the "options" section of LFS can make it feel like it's defective.

Also, understand that G25 has no mechanical 200 deg stop (like DFP), only "soft stops" generated by the FFB motors, and the mechanical stop at 900 deg's. These stop points must be defined by the user.
^ Strange. When I first tried LFS with the G25, it auto detected the wheel and set everything up for me. I didn't have to assign any axis or gear assignments or similar

The only thing I did beforehand was the standard procedure of turning off centering spring and similar nonsense.
Since I'd already configured LFS for my momo, the only changes I had to make was to set up the shifter and other buttons and assign the clutch.
Clutch is still on for some reason. Its stopping me from racing a little as im revving to much or to little. Give me a few miuites to edit this post and show ya whats happnin through a vid.

EDIT: K youtubes being gay. When i get to about 5/6 thousand RPM, it just stops revving. Then about 5 seconds later it starts again. And the clutch is constantly half way up.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG