The online racing simulator
Falcon's Virtual Car Thread
(59 posts, started )
1. You(or atleast I) cant draw with a mouse.

2.No one helped me, just pointed out my mistakes and posted images that said i suck...

3. Im not quiting, im just not posting here, because you guys just say "it sucks", or "these are your mistakes fix them"

4. I appreciate you trying to help me, and tell me teh Quality Quantity thing. I'm trying to get better by practice.

Everyone was like use the eraser not blur and stuff, but erasers erase things.... and blur blends.

I cant even change the rims, the simplest of tasks.

5.Drawing and brushing looks fake because its shiny and doesnt blend, pasting looks real, which is what i am trying to do.
#27 - d6nn
Quote from Falcon140 :2.No one helped me, just pointed out my mistakes and posted images that said i suck...

3. Im not quiting, im just not posting here, because you guys just say "it sucks", or "these are your mistakes fix them"

yea and incase you didn't know, thats called criticism, whether it be nice or mean, you should always take it; wait until you get to college to meet your professors where they wont give a damn about who you are or where they come from, but you never know that you'd learn so much in that class than you ever have in any other class
Drawing
I like to draw cars in my spare time. I am 14 years old and have been drawing since i was 10.

I designed the Ford GT Shadow myself. I will post my many other drawings later. Please tell me what you think of them.
The Ford has melted and sagged at the back.
None are nice to look at.
Work on the wheels a bit more (including brakes and stuff if you are going to make them see through too)
All are far too fussy, and there hasn't been a nice looking fussy car.
Very ricery (for people who's IQ is smaller than their age)
Low profile tyres on all cars look silly too (partly ricery, partly proportions).

Lol, just noticed on the chav-mobile (Proton) that it's riced up and sad looking (probably rubbish to drive, but makes lots of noise so people laugh at them more), still has drums on the rear.

/me gets in ROFLCOPTER
#31 - JJ72
come on he is just 14
So? When I was 14 I felt I was grown up, and hated it when people (or parents, who aren't real peoplE) didn't treat me like one. So I'm treating him like an adult. If he can't take critisism at 14 he's going to have a very difficult life.
#33 - JJ72
It's not about being grown up or not, it's simply that the ability to draw well comes with practice. I've taught kids, teens and adults in drawing class, and even adults have quite a lot to catch up, it's not a simple thing of analyzing what you done wrong and apply corrective measure, the ability to draw what you have in your mind is much more complex than that, so considering the time he could use in learning to draw, It's pretty good for a 14 year old.

I could understand the ricey bit, because when you draw a car, you are completely free to add anything, hence you tend to add things here and there, and it would end up ricey.
Seems to me you've not progressed too far from your childhood days Tristan.

If you're going to critisise, learn to do it in a constructive and RESPECTFUL way or just don't bother.

So get in your 'ROFLCopter' (so mature by the way) and come back when you have something decent to say.
This is coming from the person who keeps 'rebuilding' tsr only to run away and leave the team in disarray when something new comes along?
Quote from LFSn00b :Yeah, and i am treated like a 3 year old, and i hate it. Some poeple think i'm not mature yet, but see, i can write near perfectly, and i AM NOT A 3 YEAR OLD FFS!

Lookie-lookie at our ickle n00bkins! Oh loook he looks so grown up! How old are you? 14?! Oh gosh you're so big! Have you been pottied yet? yep? gooood, now it's time for beddy-bye! NO! DON'T WEEWEE HERE! NO!!! ........

Sorry, I couldn't resist it No offense, of course.
Quote from tristancliffe :The Ford has melted and sagged at the back.
None are nice to look at.
Work on the wheels a bit more (including brakes and stuff if you are going to make them see through too)
All are far too fussy, and there hasn't been a nice looking fussy car.
Very ricery (for people who's IQ is smaller than their age)
Low profile tyres on all cars look silly too (partly ricery, partly proportions).

Lol, just noticed on the chav-mobile (Proton) that it's riced up and sad looking (probably rubbish to drive, but makes lots of noise so people laugh at them more), still has drums on the rear.

/me gets in ROFLCOPTER

pretty harsh...

some people draw different

the way you talk you seem to like conservative(if thats the right word for it) and clean cars, am i right..

and stuey likes the cars tricked to the max and cool looking, not functional...

your styles are just clashing here...

i like it stuey you're a good drawer..
Thankyou Falcon and JJ72 for those kind and accurate words.
I will take into account what all your comments about that cars were so I can improve on drawing the pictures.

When I draw, I like to use my imagination (many people/teaches say I have a wonderful imagination) because it brings my own "style" to the cars. Even though the pictures may look "riced" or "cramped", they don't have to be 100% practicle.
I will draw some new pictures so you can have a look at them, comment about them, and tell me what I could improve.

You were correct Falcon in saying that my two styles or drawing cars "clash" in a picture. I like to draw the clean, good lines, non-cramped, average looking cars as well as the sporty, modified, street style, tuner car. (Because i'm 14)

What did you guys think of the BMW M3 ? Was it accurate? Did you like it? Anything wrong with it?

Anyway, can you draw tristan? Does anyone else draw cars?

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR DESCRIPTIVE COMMENTS
Quote from stuey :I like to draw cars in my spare time. I am 14 years old and have been drawing since i was 10.

I designed the Ford GT Shadow myself. I will post my many other drawings later. Please tell me what you think of them.

BMW M3 is so good

nice job mate
#40 - JJ72
I don't have much time to draw now. For the M3 the general proportion is alright besides the really big wheel arches,, and btw learn not to use any tools when you draw a straight line, or a circle, trust your own hand!! because a perfectly round circle will standout from the rest of the drawing, you could research a bit on the design of the rim, and give it some style.

In the end I would encourge you to try drawing 3D, because you can have a lot more fun with it.
Attached images
westfieldlow.jpg
Quote from chopaholic :Why is it almost all threads turn into a bitching session?

You dont seem to have read many threads.
IMHO this forum is still much more friendly than 95% of forums out there.

Quote from chopaholic :Why is it almost all threads turn into a bitching session?

From my experience, once a forum gets older, and most of the topics have been discussed and all the questions have been answered. Fights start, the flaming gets to be everyday and people think that the're demigods simply because the are no longer a "noob"

Quote from zeugnimod :You dont seem to have read many threads.

Not every thread, but there is a bitching thread almost everyday.

But the internet is not a "nice" place, no one can break your nose over the internet, so why be nice......lol
Quote from Hurts2bStock :Not every thread, but there is a bitching thread almost everyday.

Thats probably true, but there are also probably over 50 new threads every day so its still far from being "almost every" thread.
cars
Here are some more of my drawings.

I have included 4, three dimensional pictures. Three were designed by me, a Drift R32, a 2 fast 2 furious Toyota Supra and the Mitsubishi Eclipse, (both side views)
Attached images
paint car 1.JPG
paint car 2.JPG
paint car 4.JPG
paint car 5.JPG
paint car 6.JPG
you got talent there my friend

keep it up
Quote from Falcon140 :you got talent there my friend

keep it up

x2

I really like the 2 side shots, the Supra and the Eclipse....Your off to an awsome start. Remember it's all about practice, so keep at it
Yeah, thankyou for all your comments and replies about my drawings.
Quote from stuey :
Here are some more of my drawings.

I have included 4, three dimensional pictures. Three were designed by me, a Drift R32, a 2 fast 2 furious Toyota Supra and the Mitsubishi Eclipse, (both side views)

Nice drawings man...its a great start

You need to keep a few things in mind.... drawing really really light reference lines and using precise angles for those reference lines will allow you to keep a perfect shape of the car no matter what angle it is turned at.

On the first couple of drawings, the front end of the car would be crooked if you actually stood infront of it in real life. Make sure that the front of the car is relatively perpendicular to the side of the car. You may be a little young to understand how to draw out good reference angles, but you'll learn.

I noticed in that second drawing you make a straight line to indicate a road or something. I also notice that the side of the car runs parallel with that line. The front of the car should be perpendicular to that line, and close to a 80-90* angle. You have it more like a 45* angle. Look how you made the windshield in that picture....the angle of the windshield relative to the road line is closer to how it should be.... you have the windshield around 60* to the road line... Get what im saying?

The supra and eclipse are sweet. Lets see you make a profile view of them in good proportion!
Quote from chopaholic :Cancelled the Skyline chop as i cant be assed anymore.

Shame was looking good, saw it on digimods also, was some nice skylines done for that competition
Quote from theycallmeebryan :Nice drawings man...its a great start

You need to keep a few things in mind.... drawing really really light reference lines and using precise angles for those reference lines will allow you to keep a perfect shape of the car no matter what angle it is turned at.

On the first couple of drawings, the front end of the car would be crooked if you actually stood infront of it in real life. Make sure that the front of the car is relatively perpendicular to the side of the car. You may be a little young to understand how to draw out good reference angles, but you'll learn.

I noticed in that second drawing you make a straight line to indicate a road or something. I also notice that the side of the car runs parallel with that line. The front of the car should be perpendicular to that line, and close to a 80-90* angle. You have it more like a 45* angle. Look how you made the windshield in that picture....the angle of the windshield relative to the road line is closer to how it should be.... you have the windshield around 60* to the road line... Get what im saying?

The supra and eclipse are sweet. Lets see you make a profile view of them in good proportion!

be around

Yeah I understand your comments now. I don't think the car's front should be perpendicular to the side because it wouldn't look right. Did you mean for the front to be almost parallel to the side? Otherwise it wouldn't look correct if it was perpendicular to the side. It should be around 10-20 degrees.

I'll draw some more with the correct angles, and thanks for the help with the pictures.

Falcon's Virtual Car Thread
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG