The online racing simulator
Need Help?
(7 posts, started )
Need Help With My New DFP?
i just got my Logitec DFP today and i need help setting it up. i have it wired up and the wingman software but, i need help with the settings?
when i try and play the wheel fights me...lol. is it suppose to be like that?
If it fights you then you've probably got the force set too high. Try reducing the strength ingame. FFB should give you extra information to aid control, not make it impossible to turn the car how you want. But generally the wheel is going to want to return to center (depends on the situation of course).
Somethings got to be wrong, i can sit still had hit the throttle the wheel just starts to go left, right ,left, right..is that normal..Also give me some good numbers to start with, as far as ff strength, sensitivity etc.

Sorry to be a pain but, what about the logitec profiler, what settings are good for it?

EDIT: ok, i think i got it for the most part. Now to all those who Drift, what can i do about counter steering, its really hard to be turn and catch the car as it comes around.
Mazstermind, there was a huge debate previously on the FF settings in windows or the profiler. Basically many along with myself were complaining about an occillation in the wheel with the RWD cars when you are encountering forces while steering and countersteering. I describe it as the forces coming on way too strong when off center and very little force at center and like 5 degrees each way. That was causing me to over shoot center when I was turning the wheel back straight after turning or recovering a slide (countersteering). Someone responded with try maximizing the spring effect slider, or at least set it above 100%. This has totally corrected the RWD feel for me, but it seems to mess up FWD. No biggie for me, I don't like the FWD's. Others have argued against it, saying you shouldn't have anything set above 0% but the overall strength, but try it for yourself. Also, I think many people have their overall strength just unrealistically too high. Many use 100% in windows/Logitech profiler and 100% in LFS. I've never driven any car, power steering or not, that was that difficult to turn the wheel. I personally use 60% in windows and 35-60% in LFS. This way I get feedback, but the wheel is not fighting me to turn it.

But try the spring strength set at 130% or more (mine's 138% currently) and see if that helps you in your drifting. I know without this setting, I would have no hope in drifting, or I should say recovering from oversteer since I don't drift.

Hope this helps, happy racing (or drifting if that is your thing ).
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try. BTW I am a fan of both Racing and Drifting.

Man this is gonna take some getting use to. If anyone else has Tips to help me out please Post them up....Thanks In Advance!
Anyone else want to post their Windows\Logitec profiler settings?
#7 - Hahni
Ok:

- combined axes: off

- overall effectstrength: 90%
- Springeffect: 0% (LFS dont use it)
- Dampingeffect: 0% (LFS dont use it)

- Centering Spring: off (and strength 0% too)

FFB strength in LFS is 90% too. This was my first FFB wheel ever, so I startet with lower strength settings like now, 60% in profiler and game

Need Help?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG