The online racing simulator
finding no connections, or few.
(15 posts, started )
since about sunday, when i look for games on demo or s2... only like 3 servers show up, the rest it can't connect to.

i did the shift f8 trick to see what was going on and they're all timing out.

I can run and directly connect to servers with no problem though.

I think there's a problem with LFS somewhere, seems to have started with patch V, or around the time.

*shrugs*

help!
#2 - Jakg
Hold your horses - what firewall, router and ISP?
firewall is windows firewall, and is disabled and allowing LFS ports 63392 AND 29339 at the correct IP (was hosting a server last night no problems)

Have a motorola SB5120 cable modem
Netgear Router

ISP is Adelphia/Comcast

Been playing a solid 6 months from the same settings no problem
another note or 2.

All filtering options are yes.

Just tried disabling firewall all together and no luck still

logging on s1 shows me all of the 7 servers on it, most i can get on demo/s1/s2

Been playing since S1E and a full member since S1G... this is the first time i've experienced such a problem
#5 - SamH
Try disabling port forwarding in your router config. It may be that your router is reflecting/feeding back queries on the LFS-relevent ports back to your PC, per your hosted game settings from last night.
Quote from Anarchi-H :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17866
Coincidence?

There's been a few general problems with several routes between parts of the UK and the rest of the world, so it could be that any one outside is still experiencing problems. I would've thought that the new paths would've propagated by now though.
Quote from the_angry_angel :There's been a few general problems with several routes between parts of the UK and the rest of the world, so it could be that any one outside is still experiencing problems. I would've thought that the new paths would've propagated by now though.

I maybe noticed that yesterday - I couldn't connect several UK hosted websites for several hours, for example all LFS sites and lycos.co.uk, didn't work at home nor at work.
Quote from the_angry_angel :There's been a few general problems with several routes between parts of the UK and the rest of the world, so it could be that any one outside is still experiencing problems. I would've thought that the new paths would've propagated by now though.

I'd imagine if it was a routing issue, a) it wouldnt have lasted a week (chap in the other thread), and b) The whole net would be pretty borked, not just LFS?
Quote from Anarchi-H :I'd imagine if it was a routing issue, a) it wouldnt have lasted a week (chap in the other thread), and b) The whole net would be pretty borked, not just LFS?

Portions of the UK have been up and down like a pair of newly weds, in my experience. As for the rest of the world - unlikely as it was mostly concentrated within the UK, as far as I am aware. The fact that its patchy isn't typically of routing problems, I'll agree.
#11 - SamH
At its worst, I was unable to get google.co.uk but I could get google.com, I could get bbc.co.uk but I couldn't get itv-f1.com, I had sporadic access to our own server in Heathrow and kept getting dropped from Teamspeak, but other people had 100% unwaivering access to it all the way through. Even more weird, even when I couldn't get in to the Teamspeak server, I had a ping to the machine running constantly, getting 17ms roundtrip with no loss.

I have a PC sitting in my garage, which runs the AOL client all the time (I sit in a tech chat room and help newbies). Through the AOL proxy I had access to every site that I couldn't access via Telewest, all the time without a single bad response.

All in all, it was an odd night for UK-based internet.. I think it was an evening of re-routing/re-propagation. I don't know what the cause was (though it looked like a core BT node) but the panic seems to be at least mostly over now.
Just so you know, Ilford hasn't "responded" for months on the ITR.
#13 - SamH
Oh! Well that's my theory out the window then It's a long time since I had reason to go and look, and last time I did I think Ilford must have been up.

It'll be something LIKE that, tho. Something fell over, and had to be routed around, I think.
i'll try disabling the port forwarding and see what happens, but i've had it open for a while with no such problem.

*shrugs*

edit: did as said, restarted LFS... NO server listings available now... all are no reply
STILL having the same problem, tempted to re download and install LFS to see if it fixes it.

This sucks.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG