The online racing simulator
what car is the XRT based on?
(55 posts, started )
Does anyone know what car the xrt is based on?
The front end looks like it's off of a Porsche 944 and the rear end looks like it's off of an early MKIII Toyota Supra.

I think this has been covered before, so use the search function in the future =)
tried searchin ... too many results
a mix of Mitsubishi Starion and Mazda RX7 is my best guess.
Attached images
xrt_mitsubishi_starion.jpg
xrt_mazda_rx7_series1.jpg
Yep, I agree with the Starion/RX7 combo, although I would've chosen a later model than bo-k has shown there. The series 4 seems about the right sort of shape:

It's definitely from that era of the Starion and 2nd Gen Rx7.

The interior is actually different to any of those cars, and afaik, it is much like a 3000 GT, which is Eric's own car .

I only wished it actually looked that nice!!! *cough*
Attached images
interior.jpg
interior004myspace7yf.jpg
mitsubishi3000gtvr4intthum1.jpg
-
(senn) DELETED by senn : someone else had already said what i did :)
No, Tweak posted it less than an hour ago, two posts up from yours
j/k, put the gun down...
the front doesn't look much at all like a 944, the XR is nearly an exact replica of the Starion
#11 - Davo
What engine does the Starion have?
With the power and class of cars that its in, I think its a 911 Front end and a Ferrari rear.
#13 - Davo
Quote from BEEAH :With the power and class of cars that its in, I think its a 911 Front end and a Ferrari rear.

I'd say that about the FZ5.
The first time I saw a picture of the Starion I thought it was identical.

I agree with Davo though, the FZ50 is a definite Porsche/Ferrari combo. And it needs a convertible option
#15 - SamH
Quote from Dajmin :I agree with Davo though, the FZ50 is a definite Porsche/Ferrari combo. And it needs a convertible option

Nahh.. too much of Eric/Scawen's time, just to provide for Becky and Tiny!
#16 - robt
Definately a starion, theres a lime green one a few roads down, il go get a picture next time i go past it.
Quote from Davo :What engine does the Starion have?

edit : 2.0 turbo 177hp
or 2.6 turbo 153hp acording to parkers

so i was well off
#18 - wark
Nuse is right. IMO there ain't no stitch of Rx-7 or 944 in it. The real-life Starion may have alluded to the porshe 944 a bit (or vice versa) as they were both introduced in 1982.

The Rx-7 is in a league of its own, though. I can't even consider it.

It's like comparing an engelmann spruce tree to a sitka. Then you Rx-7 people come along and say Oh, look! a fir tree looks just like em! The LFS Christmas tree must be copying all three!

You see, one thing you must understand is: if the similarity is there in real life, it doesn't mean the XR is copying both! It's also possible that any differences from the Starion are unintentional, or merely to keep from being sued by someone.
Quote from Tweaker :
The interior is actually different to any of those cars, and afaik, it is much like a 3000 GT, which is Eric's own car .

I only wished it actually looked that nice!!! *cough*

Today i saw an auto show about an old Dodge Stealth which is almost the same car as 3000 GT, and when they showed the interior, i was like, WTF that is XRG/T !
So i recorded it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnt7y7FbFk
Eric has a 3000GT
thats a mitsubishi starion!!!
Quote from Dyllaann :Does anyone know what car the xrt is based on?

i think its based on the XRG
the XRT is actually based on this car.
ROFL
seriously this looks exactly the same, check em both out
Attached images
lamborghini_diablo_lota_1995_01_m.jpg
LFS lambo.JPG
lol nice one senna

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG