The online racing simulator
LFSworld.com problem
(12 posts, started )
LFSworld.com problem
according to lfs world, I have only driven 36 miles, and 10 of them today.

I know for a fact that I have driven 78.2 miles, 27.2 of them being today. why is this?

~blades~
All online? LFSW only records online mileage. How do you know exactly how much you drove?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I haven't raced offline, and i compare the length of the track to the number of laps raced. I hardly ever race OFFline
#4 - Gunn
Which type of servers have you been on? Demo, S1 etc?
#5 - ajp71
Quote from lionhead333 :I hardly ever race OFFline

Even less than ONline? Given your short milage I assume most of your time would have been spent on demo servers which don't count towards LFSW stats.
Quote from lionhead333 :I know for a fact that I have driven 78.2 miles, 27.2 of them being today.

One question: how?
Perhaps LFSW only counts laps and km's driven from completed races?? I've always wondered about this...
#8 - Gunn
Quote from Plastik8 :Perhaps LFSW only counts laps and km's driven from completed races?? I've always wondered about this...

No, it definitely calculates mileage regardless of race or practice or whatever. Perhaps it is done at the split time points, I'm not sure. I do know that you can clock up as many miles as you want without finishing a lap (pit before end of lap etc).
yes, even if you'd go in circles all the time, LFS would count and report mileage. But any stats are only recorded on licensed hosts.

Anyway, looking at lionhead333's stats, I see 83 miles in total, so it's actually ok? Or did you do those laps after you posted this thread? (hm looks like it)
Mileage isn't counted one metre at a time by LFS World. LFS buffers those numbers and LFS World only gets them with intervals, so if you're online and drove a while, it's not always immediately represented at LFS World (mileage and fuel stats are the only things that work buffered like that - all other stats are pretty much realtime (2-3 seconds delay)).
just an idea, maybe a timezone lag made lfsw count some laps for another day?
#11 - shim
Quote from Victor :yes, even if you'd go in circles all the time

OT: isnt that what a race around a track is? goin round in circles.. :P
lol. thanks guys, but I got it figured out. I downloaded the new patch wrong.

Thanks anyway. you guys rock.

LFSworld.com problem
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG