The online racing simulator
BF1 AI goes nuts.
(31 posts, started )
BF1 AI goes nuts.
In the Formula One car, when the AI is driving hits around 170 mph or 180 he goes nuts. Starts throwing the wheel back and forth and only calms back down again when he hits 160 mph range. Sometimes I like to set up AI cars and watch them race. Other times while practicing I know if they hit 180 or so he is going to go crazy so i can pass easy. This is the only car I've noticed it in. (Prefer open wheel single seat, so it might happen on others too)
#2 - herki
simple answer: AI isn't finished yet, wait (hopefully) for the next incompatible patch or S2 final
The AI has no idea that there is a F1 in LFS.
Nah, the air rush makes them high until they slow back down.
If the AI are so rubish, why did the devs implemented them in the first place? Personal i hate playing on the web or with AI. I just love to drive around alone and try diferent things. I`ts kinda the only reason why i play LFS.
#7 - joen
Quote from TigerClw :If the AI are so rubish, why did the devs implemented them in the first place?

Who ever said the AI is done and will never be improved? Many LFS features, if not all, aren't done or the best they can be. If the devs would not implement anything that isn't done completely we wouldn't have a game.
Still. Personaly i think that the only good thing about LFS is the realistic control. It`s beaten at every thing else by many games.
Quote from TigerClw :It`s beaten at every thing else by many games.

Care to show me one of the many games that has a better multiplayer and better community than LFS?
#10 - joen
Quote from TigerClw :Still. Personaly i think that the only good thing about LFS is the realistic control. It`s beaten at every thing else by many games.

Such as? I would consider value for money one of LFS' strong points. I can name several things LFS does better than other games, and even features other games don't have.
Besides, I don't think a complete judgement can be made on LFS based on just the demo. Just one track, three cars, no LFSWorld, etc.
But this is besides the point of what I tried to say and on which you actually didn't give a response to.
Quote from TigerClw :If the AI are so rubish, why did the devs implemented them in the first place? Personal i hate playing on the web or with AI. I just love to drive around alone and try diferent things. I`ts kinda the only reason why i play LFS.

yea.. go back and play S1 and you'll see they were fine then, now in S2 they haven't been touched at all, thus they still are in the S1 phase, and dont know anything about tire wear, fuel, all the more cars available, etc.

theres 1 thing i find absolutely great about the LFS AI... they actually crash; or you can actually crash them, in any other racing games i play, you could whack the hell out of them and they'd keep the same direction, they just would slide off the path and quickly get back on it, but would absolutely NEVER spin out no matter how hard you hit their rear quarter panels, and so i think LFS deserves and applause for that
When it comes to graphics and sound and gameplay need for speed in a milion time cooler. Today it`s all about tuning and street racing. Lfs is about an era wich not many pay much interest in. And that`s where need for speed is better. It may not have the control like lfs, but the rest is better.
#13 - Jakg
...its not all about street racing and tuning to me, or anyone else that has an S2 license afaik, and i would go over to nK Pro if it every became that
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by zeugnimod
#14 - joen
Quote from TigerClw :When it comes to graphics and sound and gameplay need for speed in a milion time cooler. Today it`s all about tuning and street racing. Lfs is about an era wich not many pay much interest in. And that`s where need for speed is better. It may not have the control like lfs, but the rest is better.

Well, I would say that's not so much a matter of better or worse, but a matter of taste and preference. LFS and NFS are aimed at totally different userbases. For simracers graphics are less important than physics, for NFS racers graphics are more important. Yes, NFS is graphically more intensive but to me that doesn't make a game better and I don't even think it looks good despite all the fancy overdone effects.
And it's not all about tuning and streetracing. Not for most simracers anyway. LFS doesn't aim at the masses, it is in a niche market, and the devs know that. That doesn't mean LFS should have to compete with NFS. And I definitely don't agree on the NFS has better gameplay argument. It doesn't even come close to LFS as far as I'm concerned. In single player for you maybe, but LFS is a multiplayer oriented game. I'm sorry, sim.
Quote from TigerClw :When it comes to graphics and sound and gameplay need for speed in a milion time cooler. Today it`s all about tuning and street racing. Lfs is about an era wich not many pay much interest in. And that`s where need for speed is better. It may not have the control like lfs, but the rest is better.

ok well thats your opinion and keep to it, no need to stay here if you want then, but keep in mind that all legal racing in this world that goes on applies to the same basic origin of LFS

plus, you've got it all wrong, the era right now is bringing back the past, look at the new mustang, the charger was brought back (atleast the name..), the challenger, and the new comaro; tuning isn't going anywhere at all, its staying where it is, its not growing or anything at all

finally, alot more people pay attention to real racing than illegal street racing and tuned cars, i promise you (and yes i do love tuner cars) but still.. there aren't anywhere as many tuner lovers out there as there are real racing lovers

NFS did a good job of bringing tuning into the world and onto the market, but in a few years i promise you they will have to turn to another alternative
supply and demand.. demand was wanted, but demand never lasts in the same place for a long time
Ok, i agree, it`s a matter of taste, But the graphic elements would not be such a bad thing making the game look even more realistic. Also i can`t understand people that do not like tuning. It`s a great way to make a good car beter. As for the old cars that have been brought back, mustang, challenger,camaro, they are all muscle cars wich every body knows they only go straight. Personaly i`m with german and japanese cars. The rest can`t keep up. In my opinion at leat.
#17 - Jakg
Better?!?!

I think that most cars look better stock, tbh!

Plus i like to know i beat the other drivers because of skill, not NOS
personaly i like them modified.
#19 - Jakg
then perhaps NFS is a better game for you...?
Can`t quite choose. Curently i am playing both. In my opinion the best game would be a combination of LFS (car control) NFS(graphics) and GTA
can't say i've ever seen to many tuned german cars besides the tuning corporations like hamann and TechArt and Kleeman

you may say handling sucks, but what type of opportunity does anyone REALLY ever have to see how the handling performs? i can't say i can find anywhere where that is possible unless you are an autocross racer and race your car... but TBH argueing over what handles better is worthless unless you are talking about it racing, the only time you actually NEED good handling on the roads is when your doing something illegal

i agree with you on the graphics part, but that is never going to happen because of how its being made; as long as the devs try as hard as they can to make it look similar to GTL or GTR1 or 2, just.. make it look more realistic than it is now, i think alot more attention will be focused on the game, because as graphics are now, its not winning over to many people as you say

(you DO know that in GTA san andreas you can tune cars...)
The NFS series for what it is worth really put cargames back on the computer screen bigtime. Sure I think you would always have the niche market (the F1 games, Viper Racing and similar titles etc) but I think games such as LFS also owe some of its fanbase to the way NFS put racing - even though arcade - back into the top seller list for PC titles.

And hey, Need For Speed Porsche was a blast of a game if you ask me.
#23 - joen
Quote from CYA LTR :
And hey, Need For Speed Porsche was a blast of a game if you ask me.

I really enjoyed NFS Porsche too, But it all went downhill after that if you ask me.
Personally I don't have anything against any NFS version, there's games and there's sims, they both serve a certain purpose and audience. But I just think comparing LFS and NFS is like comparing apples and oranges and therefore pointless
I wouldn't want NFS' graphics, they seem all wrong to me. and the nfs' graphics engine isn't good either
the free drive of world racing (just know about part 1) would be great with LFS' physics though

Sims and other "racing games" are two very different niches. Combining the two would probably reduce in the poorest sales of the bunch though: the race simmers aren't interested because of the bling and the less serious nature of the game; the gamers don't have the patience to master driving on the limit, particularly with limited controller methods. The long term popularity of such a combination would be hit when you need to get 1000 laps under your belt to keep up with your mate.

BF1 AI goes nuts.
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG