The online racing simulator
Formula 1
(65 posts, started )
Quote from tailing :I would have thought come S3 something like a F1 car would be only natural. I can't see any real reason not to include one at some point, in S1 we had the LX6, in S2 we've got the FO8, in S3 it'll be something else.

.. thats what im hoping

but apparently some people .. apparently.. never (or did) like the idea of having an F1 car

F1's have traction control and stability and whatnot you know, we wouldnt be sliding around as much like we do in the FV8's

also by S3 im sure the amount of grip cars have will be correct so there will be sliping in the end anyway

@Tweak
i do have to agree with you with making the fv8 obsolete, but look at how it is now? the past month i've only seen 1 MRT server (yesterday) with only 3 people... im sure that at one point in time people will slowly go back
i raced the MRT the other day by myself, and i really miss the thing; wish people would race it more! (just needs some downforce )
oh and one last thing; it looks like oval servers go obsolete during weekends.. or they have in general, because i see very few now (as compared to when S2 came out)
I think it could be done, I have had the odd good race in the FO8, but only when everyone is pushing to the same degree. To drive the FO8 you need to be:

A. Careful on the throttle (all to obvious)
B. Push it hard enough to get the aero working
wait til 2008 and the F08 will be an F1 car...
MRT was great in S1, such fun. In S2a, I can't stop the thing from sliding, though I'm no expert and have not played with setups much - just raced a few of the old favourites round South City, I can barely do a lap without losing it, it was never that slippery in S1.
.. why would the fv8 become an F1 car? the fv8 is an F3000

when i mean F1, im talking several hundred HP, 22k RPM, and 10 or 12 cylinders
They are cutting the balls off the F1 cars and making them run like 2Lish V8's..

other than the fact they rev to 20k rpm that is pretty simular to the F08, but F1 cars definatly make more downforce..
Quote from XCNuse :when i mean F1, im talking several hundred HP, 22k RPM, and 10 or 12 cylinders

What are they now? 680 - 730 BHP?
found a neat website here; toyota's F1 has 900+ it says ! wow!!

@dodge.. when did you hear that??? :sorry: noo
if its gonna be that then.. i want an F1 from nowadays

heres a neat website with alot of info on this years F1 cars
http://www.motorsm.com/motorsport/auto/F1/2005_cars.asp
F1's currently about 900 - 1000hp (1000 for Honda Suzuka race special apparently)... ev to about 19k rpm

The 'new' V8's are currently revving to about 22k, and producing about 750hp I think...
Didn't have S1, but we at tsr. in a private server ran in the MRT's round Blackwood. Wow that was fun!

I can't believe people have abandoned this car.

<thinks>

Oh yes I can, theres that other great single seater called the FOX.

F1 car's, you have to be kidding. Imagine people who can't even start in the Fo8's and FOX's in an f1 car. Mayhem!
Quote from Chris_Kerry :F1 car's, you have to be kidding. Imagine people who can't even start in the Fo8's and FOX's in an f1 car. Mayhem!

...Which brings us right back to the start of this post again, I agree totally with you, unless S3 has all the driving aids that EA F1c has, and sanitises the entire driving sim experience by providing a car with so many stability aids that us mere mortals are able keep on the track. Now where would the fun be?
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Didn't have S1, but we at tsr. in a private server ran in the MRT's round Blackwood. Wow that was fun!

I can't believe people have abandoned this car.

<thinks>

Oh yes I can, theres that other great single seater called the FOX.

F1 car's, you have to be kidding. Imagine people who can't even start in the Fo8's and FOX's in an f1 car. Mayhem!

All i use to do in S1 was race the LX6 and mrt5 around blackwood, some of the best races i had. I was pretty quick to and i loved them.

Nowhere seems to have these servers up anymore
Quote from XCNuse :found a neat website here; toyota's F1 has 900+ it says ! wow!!

@dodge.. when did you hear that??? :sorry: noo
if its gonna be that then.. i want an F1 from nowadays

heres a neat website with alot of info on this years F1 cars
http://www.motorsm.com/motorsport/auto/F1/2005_cars.asp

Next year mate I have video around somewhere of the cosworth V8 if you'd like to see/hear it, sounds very odd

Quote :from 2006 season, Formula 1 will use 2.5 litre V8 engine compared to 3 litre V10 used in 2005.

sounds the same to me.. but thats over computer and whatnot, so its hard to tell..
owell.. thats kinda odd though, i wonder if they were going all out or not, cause it sure did take a while to get up to 20k :S

@chris and al and all of you whom agree with them
... would you prefer to not have an FV8 and no FOX but the other cars instead? in a way thats what you are saying, lets get rid of the high HP cars and get some slower cars .. i mean.. we all want diversity, and by limiting it to that.. its kinda ruining the game
plus, as mentioned before LFS is meant to simulate all types of racing.. so why should F1 be left out?
in a way, its similar to antidrifters.. they dont drive the track right so lets get rid of them.....
well.. what would you do when someone kicks you out of your house because you believe a way.. or in a deep way of looking at this.. nazism.. if you dont believe this or do this.. then you arent welcome
(not trying to be mean, just proving a point of what it sounds like stereotypically)
I'm sure they were just feathering it in, but that is about 5k rpm more than the current engines run and it has a much less raspy sound to it to me...sounds like a turbine haha
I love how the idle is 9k....

I also love how current F1 cars sound like they will explode at any moment when the traction control is working overtime and the foot is to the floor in a increasing radius turn out of a slow corner. Some driver/car combos feather the throttle there, others just mash it and let traction contol do its work. The sound is like nothing I've ever heard from an internal combustion engine.

Watching it on TV just doesn't do it justice...the mics are all in front of the exhaust. Its mindblowing in person. I'm going to try and hit both the Canadian and US GP this year...didn't last summer, but I guess I'm glad I missed the US GP lol.
yep that was a sad story.. hey atleast they got to go see the formula atlantic race in oregon! lol
was mad though when i saw what people were doing.. water bottles and whatnot on the track.. thats scary
Quote from XCNuse :sounds the same to me.. but thats over computer and whatnot, so its hard to tell..
owell.. thats kinda odd though, i wonder if they were going all out or not, cause it sure did take a while to get up to 20k :S

@chris and al and all of you whom agree with them
... would you prefer to not have an FV8 and no FOX but the other cars instead? in a way thats what you are saying, lets get rid of the high HP cars and get some slower cars .. i mean.. we all want diversity, and by limiting it to that.. its kinda ruining the game
plus, as mentioned before LFS is meant to simulate all types of racing.. so why should F1 be left out?
in a way, its similar to antidrifters.. they dont drive the track right so lets get rid of them.....
well.. what would you do when someone kicks you out of your house because you believe a way.. or in a deep way of looking at this.. nazism.. if you dont believe this or do this.. then you arent welcome
(not trying to be mean, just proving a point of what it sounds like stereotypically)

My Favourite car is the FOX, so why on earth would I have the viewpoint that I want these types of cars out of the game.

You're so called assumptions are well off the mark, and being quite frank with you, your reasoning behind why you think there should be F1 cars in the game is quite ridiculous. Mate go on a F08 Oval server and see how people can't harness the power.

Okay add driver aids, but isn't LFS trying to be a pure driving simulator without these, focusing on driver talent rather than how well technology makes up for your lack of skill.

In my honest opinion f1 is poor at the moment, and there are many purely dedicated f1 games out there that it will be very hard for the developers to compete in this market.

LFS if you ask me, doesn't need more cars or tracks, it needs things like weather, altering track conditions and an improved tyre and damage model. I'd rather see these than including f1 cars that's for sure!
Well at least the Fo8 ring servers are contributing to the community by keeping some of the other tracks freed up for decent racing :up:
Don't try getting too deep with us, XCN, it doesn't work very well!;D
lol i didnt want that to get too deep lol i just couldnt come up with a better example

@chris; i know.. i used to race oval races all the time, but not nearly as much since its boring me now...... and i really dont have many problems, the only times i have problems is when my FPS drops like mad at start and spin out, but you have to admit, its not nearly as bad as it was when S2 first came out

lol and dont worry chris.. your reason why there shouldnt be an F1 is just as bad
Quote from XCNuse :lol i didnt want that to get too deep lol i just couldnt come up with a better example

@chris; i know.. i used to race oval races all the time, but not nearly as much since its boring me now...... and i really dont have many problems, the only times i have problems is when my FPS drops like mad at start and spin out, but you have to admit, its not nearly as bad as it was when S2 first came out

lol and dont worry chris.. your reason why there shouldnt be an F1 is just as bad

I'm struggling understand why my argument is just as bad?

Don't you agree we need to have altering track conditions etc etc?
yes i do agree

but just because you cant handle it doesnt mean you cant have it? (i mean that may be the same reason why the LX8 got taken out, but also because the XFGTR had no competitor really)

with as many helping "things" these guys run in F1 i dont think it would much of a problem (or atleast not as much compared to F3000) i mean watch some races of F3000 guys, they arent nearly as stuck to the road as the F1 guys are, rarely will you see an F1 guy "spin out" and if they do, its usually because the tires are dirty or something
i mean.. the F1 guys arent driving those huuge machines by themselves, its to dangerous (atleast im sure thats a reason why they all have TC)
The reason they have TC is because the FIA admitted it can't actually govern who does and doesn't have it. Therefore they just made it legal.

The reason it started in the first place was to take some of the work load off the driver (which makes them more consistent, less tired, and safer). It is also, in a modern F1 car, generally quicker (especially in low-grip conditions, and mainly over a race distance rather than one lap) quicker.

I disagree with it, but thats the price of progress.
A real F1 car, in the hands of a young untrained amateur, is a deadly thing. If LFS is to remain true to its reality core, then by definition, an LFS F1 car sim will be beyond the ability of many people, to control and race safely and competitively.

Formula 1
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG