The online racing simulator
Skins - filename changes
(7 posts, started )
#1 - KeMoT
Skins - filename changes
Hello everybody.

I got little question about skins.

When I find skin I like and it is public but only for XRR and there are no versions for XRG and XRT can I simply change the filename to XRT/XRG and everything will be fine/ok ?
The same goes for other cars like LX6/LX4, UF/URF FXO/FXR etc.

Thank you in advance for answering.
#2 - bbman
No, as the skin on the XRR also covers a massive spoiler and other minor details that would cause the skin to look a bit odd...
#3 - KeMoT
No in other words - don't change any filenames to have skins for other cars, right ?
UF skins basicly work on both versions UF1 and UFR, since the only difference is the fenderflares. Depends on the design of course if it has something that surrounds those areas. Try it and see how it looks.

LX4&6 work also, but on the LX4 the rear gets covered by the sparewheel..
This does work for LX4/6. Although when making the skins do the LX6 first because of the grills in the sides of the hood. Also, whatever you put on the back of an LX6 won't be seen on an LX4 because of the spare wheel.

http://www.finnglish.co.uk/Stuff/stoneys-LXs.jpg

EDIT: Just got there before me.
#6 - Gunn
The only one skin that fits two "models" is the UF1 skin. It fits both versions of the UF1 (hardtop and convertible) without renaming. All of the other cars do not share the same skins, including the XRT and XRG which are different in shape and mapping.
#7 - KeMoT
Quote from Gunn :The only one skin that fits two "models" is the UF1 skin. It fits both versions of the UF1 (hardtop and convertible) without renaming. All of the other cars do not share the same skins, including the XRT and XRG which are different in shape and mapping.

Thank you very much for explaining it to me.

Skins - filename changes
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG