The online racing simulator
The Problem with League Racing.....
(18 posts, started )
I have some thoughts of my own but before I share them I wanted to get some other driver's opinions.

Please discuss
..is getting drivers to commit to full seasons.. But im guessing you was not taking that angle here.
I have to agree, the problem is getting people to commit to a ful season.
Also some leagues are run by people who can either be biased or on major power-trips and this can result in unfair treatment of others.
Just my thoughts.
As a whole i like Leagues, very much so actually. They give you something to aim for and the racing is normally very clean.
I cant see any problem with league racing
Only problem I have is that its not everyday I feel like racing.
-and if I hit one of those offdays on a league race day
Im usually shiat in the race.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think pleasing everyone is always tricky.

Some leagues are to strict (to the point of being completely anal about the whole thing & forgetting its a computer sim). Some are to lapse, where drivers & admins dont even turn up on race night. lol

Shedules are tricky if the league is gona run over many months some drivers are bound to go on holiday or have other commitments. I think those mini leagues that run on weekday evenings do a lot better than the weekenders cause its easier for everyone to make it to all events.

I am even gona attempt to organise my own Rallycross event some time in th future, those french ***s are such ungrateful b*st*rds. edit: french have appologised
Wouldn't have a clue what problems there are in league racing as I've never been invloved in one there's many reasons for that, ranging from only having an 128k ISDN connection through to not really being able to commit to a time and place for regular meetings. The main reason though is probably that there really isn't a league in a format that interests me much that I've seen anyway and the ones that I do find interesting are all on the other side of the world

I've been involved in a few organsied races though, but only by chance as I've rocked up there to find them about to start a 40 lapper and asked to join I really enjoy longer races but i'm not confident enough in my connection to join full 23 slot servers and I can't get a better one where I live even if I spend a shit load of money. But hey it's the only drawback to were I live
what would be an interesting format Glenn?
Quote from Blowtus :what would be an interesting format Glenn?

What I meant is a format I'd be interested in I didn't mean that leagues have uninteresting formats

For me I only get to go online occasionally (I can get on the forums alot more than I can get online ) so although there is alot of cars and tracks in LFS it is too much for me. A format I'd be interested in is an ongoing series with one set class of cars (preferably road cars of some sort - I like XFG/XRG, LX4, XRT/RB4/FXO,UF1,FZ5 etc.) and one that caters for smaller pools of drivers (max 15 per race) as I'd have problems on servers with a full 20 car grid, and finally one that is in the asia pacific or USA region I know, I know, I'm dreaming... illepall

So more ideally a server like the STCC servers but for the USA/Asia Pasific region would be a good solution - but set with longer race formats. I think 6 laps for bronze and 10 - 20 for gold and silver would be better. I would like even longer races but I know that is difficult to pull off in pick up races
Thanks for input guys. R4R are thinking of reviving the CRC Stock Cup and we are thinking about format and rules etc.
The only thing i don't like is league races in blackwood / xfg combo. Fed up with that.
Quote from Thread title :The Problem with League Racing.....

.....is the lack of leagues in the US. That and the scheduling issue. Everyone has different commitments. Mine is that the kids are up until 8 pm. Thus, I can't commit to a league until after 8 pm. 9 pm works great, usually an hour race, and done by 10 pm or so. But being in the US, we stretch between 3 (4?? little mental blockage going on) time zones and what is bedtime for one time zone, is dinner time for another. 10 pm doesn't work as that extends into bedtime and the rush you have after a hard fought hour long race keeps you up even later than that.

Friday and Saturday nights are the perfect time for me for league racing since I'm usually on the computer until 2 or 3 am. But, that is also time for those who don't have kids and don't stay home to be out having a good time.
#13 - mr_x
Having to commit to full seasons puts me off, because I can't guarentee I will definately be there.

If there was a league like the dSRC Midweek Cup that finished a couple of weeks back then I'd be there, just a case of turning up on the server before it gets passworded, I think that format worked well and I'd love to see some other leagues using that format along with relaxed rules racing.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
What's wrong with Blackwood + XFG ?
It's the combo that most people have droven or still drive, where the driving standards are set too high.
Sometimes i don't mind losing 1.5 or 2 secs of the pace on other combos, but in blackwood it's like an urge to be more and more precise.

blackwood can be very technical not to mention blackwood rev...
#16 - MR_B
Quote from mr_x :Having to commit to full seasons puts me off, because I can't guarentee I will definately be there.

That's always my concern, unexpected things like jobs, education. Family matters crop up all the time.

The thing that bugs me is racers who quit because they're not winning or over something rather petty. If the series is run well then there's not much of a reason to leave, and before you say it. If they don't like the car then why sign up?
Quote from MR_B :That's always my concern, unexpected things like jobs, education. Family matters crop up all the time.

Just had to laugh at this statement, its really funny. Unexpected, LOL. There's been many times myself when after racing at night thinking "OMG!!! I have a job!!! I have to log off and get to bed!!!" LOL.

The other night I was racing with my headphones on and a woman snuck up behind me. "Who the F are you? And what are you doing in my house?" I asked. "I'm your wife, come up for dinner!" She said. I go up for dinner, and there's two adorable little blonde girls sitting at the table. OMG! I have daughters?

ROFL hehehehe
#18 - MR_B
LOL, glad to see your memory is as good as mine then...

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG