The online racing simulator
Trackmania United
(10 posts, started )
Trackmania United
Just picked up a (very) cheap post xmas copy of Trackmania United here in Melbourne. Can't play it though until I get back to Istanbul... Anyone had a go yet? Thoughts...?
I think its decent for an arcade style racer. Its as far from a sim as you can get, but its pretty entertaining. I hear the fun is the online racing and custom tracks, but I haven't tried it yet.
I think I've heard it is good, but it actually isn't that much different from Trackmania Nations with track pieces and environments. There is dirt racing now, that is pretty cool, but it still is kinda like TM Nations imo.

Too bad it isn't free like TM Nations, a lot of people play that online.
Tweaker: I doubt they would give away all the 6 Trackmania enviroments for free.
Hyperactive: I hate SF as much as you do. Luckily the one that's included in United does not work, so you won't get infested at all.
I really don't hate it as I don't recall having any problems with it on my comp. I at least think twice before installing anything with copy protection, there seems to be some dangers envolved
#7 - TiJay
I have Sunrise Extreme and Nations. Both are very good fun, so I'll be picking up TM United when it comes out over here
#8 - robps
#9 - TiJay
If I had the money now, I would.

So United is basically a best of Original/whatever the 2nd one was/Sunrise/Nations with a few new bits?
I've had concerns about installing games with Starforce, but my experience is that everything seems to run ok. But others have had bad problems with this form of copy protection, some folks just won't go near it... I'm sure it does hurt sales in the end.

Reading through the manual... seems like there's a potentially great new system for organising all of the created downloadable content, rankings, and so forth... You can also organise competitions around a particular group- so all the LFS folk can compete with each other etc... pretty neat!

Trackmania United
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG