The online racing simulator
Fraps laggY!
(18 posts, started )
Fraps laggY!
Well i didn't know where to put this but this program has something to do with movies....
So i just wanted to know why fraps is so laggy when i use it?, i am trying to make a drift movie but its so laggy i can't...
And i am in single player with no Al's....
So please can someone help me, and if you don't know what i mean i will post a movie of it and if you view the movie make sure your volume is DOWN!, because fraps made everything LOUD! really LOUD!.
#2 - Jakg
by laggy, i take it you mean that the FPS dips under 25.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's your PC, what are it's specs?
Quote from Jakg :by laggy, i take it you mean that the FPS dips under 25.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's your PC, what are it's specs?

Like hell if i know lol....
Well my directX level is 7.0 i think...
Thats all i know.
But when i am not in LFS it doesn't lag..., what the helll.
When i min the game it doesn't lag but when i go back into it it lags like a B*TCH!.
#5 - Jakg
well thats bloody useful.

The lates version is 9c, and i suggest you upgrade, if your cards DX7 your lucky it even runs LFS

Unless you post your System specs theirs nothing i can do

EDIT - Its NOT lag, its just getting a low FPS, dont mix the two, please.
And LFS is a game, with LOTS of information flying about, when just sitting in windows very little is happening
Quote from Jakg :well thats bloody useful.

The lates version is 9c, and i suggest you upgrade, if your cards DX7 your lucky it even runs LFS

Unless you post your System specs theirs nothing i can do

EDIT - Its NOT lag, its just getting a low FPS, dont mix the two, please.
And LFS is a game, with LOTS of information flying about, when just sitting in windows very little is happening

Sorry, i didn;t know what it was so it just looked like lag..., do you know where i can get a program to upgrade?.
The funny thing is, it may be 7.0 but it plays Gmod,Css,cs,cscz,GTR2,GTR legends lol.
#7 - Jakg
well then it isn't DX7.

You can't get a program to upgrade, you buy these funny bits called "parts" and you put them in your PC and suddenly it gets faster.
#8 - JTbo
Quote from l1k3z0mg :Well i didn't know where to put this but this program has something to do with movies....
So i just wanted to know why fraps is so laggy when i use it?, i am trying to make a drift movie but its so laggy i can't...
And i am in single player with no Al's....
So please can someone help me, and if you don't know what i mean i will post a movie of it and if you view the movie make sure your volume is DOWN!, because fraps made everything LOUD! really LOUD!.

You should reduce resolution when you do make movie, also you can't drive same time you record, you record from replays. You must set all graphic options so that you get constant 25fps when recording video.

Try to look if your windows sound controls has mono mix or stereo mix under recording, then reduce those to get fraps to record less loud.

Also read how to make movies thread, or something like that was the name.
Click "Start" -> "Run...". Type "dxdiag" in the box and hit enter. Tell us what it says on the "System" (Processor and Memory) and the "Display" tab (Name of the graphics card).

Wow, my screen is coloured but in that screen shot it is now black and white...
#11 - Jakg
so you have a laptop - unsuprising FRAPS gives you such a low FPS - laptops can be upgraded, but the CPU would be very hard to do, and adding a GFX card would be impossible.

Bottom line is your stuck with it
Quote from Jakg :so you have a laptop - unsuprising FRAPS gives you such a low FPS - laptops can be upgraded, but the CPU would be very hard to do, and adding a GFX card would be impossible.

Bottom line is your stuck with it

GOD DAMNIT!, well i am getting a new and better laptop..., my graphic card on this one i think is a 35 and the one i am getting is 128 and verything on the new laptop has a higher performance...
#13 - Jakg
well either way - laptops are NOT the best solution for gaming (by a long shot)

If you want to game, get a proper PC, i still dont reckon you'll get a great video out of a laptop
But why would it not screw up when i am surfing the net and playing internet games?.
w
Quote from Jakg :well either way - laptops are NOT the best solution for gaming (by a long shot)

If you want to game, get a proper PC, i still dont reckon you'll get a great video out of a laptop

Well thanks for your help everyone.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from l1k3z0mg :But why would it not screw up when i am surfing the net and playing internet games?.

because surfing the web uses very little power - same as internet game, as they have very little graphics to do, etc, and although FRAPS puts a fair strain on it, it isnt noticed when thees all the performance left untapped - when gaming, this is VERY different
Its not choppy neh more!, only the sound is really late!.
Now how do i fix that lol, so many problems!.
Nvm I Fixed It All, Please Close Thread!.

Fraps laggY!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG