The online racing simulator
Momo users help me!
(16 posts, started )
#1 - ZORER
Momo users help me!
Hi,
i'm not sure that i'll be able to explain this, i have a problem with my momo...

Let's start imagining. You are driving a car on any track. Everything is fine and usual.Force strength is about %10. Then, your car starts to going sideways (according to a driver fault or bad tyre) and it seems it won't stop until you do correction with your wheel. Then you turn your momo wheel instantly and correct the car. Here is the problem. In that milisecond you do the correction, you feel there's something wrong with the wheel.I try to tell what's wrong.. As we said the force is about 10%, the wheel should give the same amount of resistance while you tun the wheel. But it doesn't. Randomly it increases or decreases the resistance power.You adjust the speed you'r turning the wheel depending on the amount of resistance. but it changes the resistance randomly so you can't keep controlling the wheel correctly. It suddenly makes the wheel so loose, or so hard but just for a very short time. Even if the force is set to %0, it happens. i tried other games, no problem. This only happens in Lfs(all versions)

Is there anybody having the same issue? Or anyone with an idea?
You arent describing force feedback? I have an other wheel but it seems to me this behauviour is normal.
#3 - ZORER
No it's not ff.It is something wrong in the ff.
#4 - ZORER
Here i tried to do a graph about it. The red line is the amount of resistance the wheel is doing. Don't forget the changes on the force happens on flat tarmac.There's no curb or wall to cause tyres affect force.

Both situations may happen randomly.

Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
As first ensure that no Centering spring is enabled in Momo drivers. I presume that Momo uses unified Logitech drivers. Go to Control Panel>Game devices>Select Momo, go Properties>Settings. Set all the values to 100%. If it doesn't help, disable Force Feedback there and check whether the problem disappears(you also can unplug the powercord from wheel). If it doesn't, your wheel is probably faulty and needs replacing.

If the problem goes away when FF is disabled, try driver updating.
#6 - ZORER
I checked the values, they were 94, 114, 108.. i made them 100.

It seems to have solved the issue but i only tested for 2 laps. Let's wait and see.

Thank you a lot anyway.
#7 - ZORER
Nope it happens again. even if i turn the ff off my wheel will start resisting the turn randomly...

This makes the rwd cars really hard to drive.
#8 - Davo
If it happens with FF off it sounds like a hardware fault unfortunately. Is it alright when the wheel is disconnected?
#9 - ZORER
yes it's alright when it is disconnected. I think it happens when the FF is small or zero in the lfs control panel.
What do you mean by "Wheel is disconnected?" Did you unplug USB cable or just Adaptor for additional FF power? If wheel is OK when that adaptor is unplugged, try to clean wheel drivers and install updated ones. But I'm afraid that there is some mechanical fault that affects your wheel, which means replacing it.
i mean i disconnected the usb... i don't want to try to replace it it is hard work and takes too long. shall i open it and have a look maybe i can fix if it's a mechanical fault.
I know what you mean because I've been a momo user for a long time (now i'm a G25 owner )

The problem is with the LFS FF config

The best you can do is to set LFS FF @100% and then adjust the strenght of the FF you want to play with in the Logitech Control Panel (I had it set at 25% and ran smoothly)

Anyways I think that it's not a MOMO's problem at all, but a matter of physics from LFS because when you're going sideways and you try to correct it sometimes the control will become loose and then become hard again when it gets the grip again
I don't know if you can understand me, I'm not english and I have some problems to describe technical issues but I hope you can get the point

Btw what I'm describing happens with any wheel I've tried (MOMO, DFP & G25)
Quote from Dani King :

Anyways I think that it's not a MOMO's problem at all, but a matter of physics from LFS because when you're going sideways and you try to correct it sometimes the control will become loose and then become hard again when it gets the grip again
I don't know if you can understand me, I'm not english and I have some problems to describe technical issues but I hope you can get the point

Btw what I'm describing happens with any wheel I've tried (MOMO, DFP & G25)

Yes Yes that's exactly what happens..!!!
It's strange to hear it happens on other wheels.
Thanks alot, i'll try your suggestions soon.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
im a momo user and i've descoverd this thingy myself. if u stay still in N on a plain raod (tarmac) mostly in gtr cars, and if u turn the wheek left to the max then right max left right left right fast enough u will descover there is a point where it looses forcefeedback. its just 10degrees loose wheel, then it comes back again. i dont think its a momo problem....is rather lfs which can't export to much data to the motor
#15 - Gunn
I have two Momos and no problems like this.
AstroBoy, why can't you assign anything to pedals?? Can you see the yellow bars moving when you press pedals on lfs controls setup screen?

Alex_Tiger, yes i changed my mind i now think it's not a momo problem too.Don't know what the exact reason is but very annoying issue.

Gunn, you'r lucky

Momo users help me!
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG