The online racing simulator
gamepad calibration bug
(5 posts, started )
#1 - pik_d
gamepad calibration bug
Using a Logitech Rumblepad 2, I've encountered a rather unfun bug.

in some cases, the second i touch one of the analog sticks, the calibration will basicly fly out the window.

if i move the right analog stick forward (gas) the calibration will set to no input being full brake. conversely, if i break, it will calibrate to full gas at no input.

same inverse calibration happens with steering.

however, if i move the analog sticks around right as i load LFS, it doesn't do this, so i'm pretty sure this is and LFS problem, and not an issue with my gamepad. or... maybe the way the two interact.

also, i've just discovered (in the middle of typing up this post) that i can actually fix this, in game. after it set to brake at default, i apply full brake and it resets to being normal, and stays fixed (until next time???)

yes, i know i can fix it, but it's still bothersome. and definitely a bug somewhere.
I've had nothing but bad luck with LFS and gamepads, to be honest, I think Windows itself has a big problem. Calibration in windows always seems to fly off with me after a while, which is crap as games consoles, even wireless ones do not need calibration, even with different makes of controller for the same machine. Pisses me off as I like using pads for games sometimes.
Before I had my DFP I used a logitch rumble pad and it was crap, It would always steer to the left.
#4 - pik_d
the problem happened to be a PIBKAC issue... see, i failed to realize that you swivel the analog sticks before locking calibration.

bug = no bug in this case. was to embarassed to post unless someone else brought life back to this thread.

the only problems i have now are that i can't trail brake (inherent flaw in gas/brake being on the same axis) and there's no rumble support (i dont think there is rumble support for gamepads in LFS, could be mistaken though).
#5 - R1K89
Funny, i use the gamepad ; Logitech Wingman Rumblepad, and i have no problems with it. Only problem is that the calibration takes sometimes long, the rest of the gamepad works fine

gamepad calibration bug
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG