The online racing simulator
The LFS S2 MANUAL
(79 posts, started )
GPflo correction
Sorry but I think you'll find it's just in German unless you know something I don't. If so please correct me. Ta ever so.
Quote from peejayh :Sorry but I think you'll find it's just in German unless you know something I don't. If so please correct me. Ta ever so.

Huh? The manual's in english, dude, it really is.

s2manual
#53 - Jakg
Quote from peejayh :Sorry but I think you'll find it's just in German unless you know something I don't. If so please correct me. Ta ever so.

its not, i just downloaded it, and it is in ENGLISH, secondly, i think GP4Flo MIGHT know seeing as he wrote it and all!
God, looks like a two year old just went mad on the wiki. I've just reverted 41 pages

Maybe it would be a good idea if people had to get a username to edit it? At least then you could ban idiots that just wreck everything. Banning IP addresses isn't really much use unless they're static.
Very nice.

I´ve never seen before a manual that explains better about physics than this one. I will consider this a "howstuffworks" of LFS.
Thank you and congratulations.

I was reading about braking techniques and I remembered about "heel-and-toe braking" which was not included.

Can you make a review about this? =)
I'm not sure if this is what this thread is for, but in the section of the wiki about the F10 damage display, if there's anyone that can explain what each of the individual little bars actually represent, I would really like to know
Original download location doesn't seem to be working anymore. The download won't start.
I'm having trouble accessing the wiki. Could anyone please confirm the server is up?
#59 - joen
Quote from Albieg :I'm having trouble accessing the wiki. Could anyone please confirm the server is up?

The Wiki has been down for a long time. Problems with the hosting iirc.

Quote from Rebeldevil :Original download location doesn't seem to be working anymore. The download won't start.

Downloads fine here
#60 - Jakg
wiki - down, manual - up, hope that clears things up!
Then it must suck to be me, because it still isn't working. I'm stuck in an infinite loop or something. I see a message which I'm guessing says "Download will start in 5 seconds. If it doesn't click this button". I give it half a minute and nothing happens, so I click it..which doesn't seem to do anything but reload the page..which puts me in the same mess as before. Tried in Firefox and IE. Neither one is working for me. (Mind you, I do not speak German, so I'm only guessing that's what it's saying)
I'm now trying again to contact the guy who owns the server. I hope he will reply to my (snail) mail or I'll have to drive to Berlin to ask him what's going on.
Now thats what i call a manual

great job m8
Could you please host this on a server that actually works and w/o annoying adds.
A mirror would be nice too...
I'd like to and I already have a server, but I still couldn't get hold of the backup.

Does someone know a lawyer who could help me in such a case?
That's a great work, congrats.
There aren't many printed commercial manuals as good as this one.
Free ones then? illepall

Absolutely great stuff.
Thank you very much.
Great manual, like it a lot. One question - where can i find more information about this? It was in the LFS Wiki - "The GT Turbo in LFS v0.1 at an unpublished city track in Miami." Anybody willing to tell me more about it, please !
Sorry if it has been explained elsewhere, i searched for it but couldn't find anything
Little report: I've added the images to the 3d render tutorial again.
Just to confirm, the downloadable version is the same as the online Wiki??

If not is there somewhere to download the Wiki in a printable version..

Dave
Quote from Dave_HRT :If not is there somewhere to download the Wiki in a printable version..

Given the current state of most of the wiki, I wouldn't consider wasting trees on it yet tbh, Dave_HRT.

Parts of it really need tidying up.
Quote from Dygear :Yeah, like the Programmer part. But I do like it, very cool.

Yeah printed it this morning, didnt need to programmer bit so left it out... Only 85 Pages!! :P

Im a newb so will be good to have a read through!

Dave

The LFS S2 MANUAL
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG