The online racing simulator
My epiphany - 10.95 in the FOX at Blackwood
I've been stuck at about 12.50 for the last few days. But after reading great Driving Tips post and downloading AnalyzeForSpeed I've cut it down to 10.95 in about 10 laps!!

Ok I know it's not a world record (or anywhere near it) but I'm really impressed with how big a difference it makes when putting a little bit of knowledge into practise. Thanks Victor for the great post!
Actually, the post was by Gentlefoot article, credit goes to him.

Its a great read for everyone, I've had it bookmarked since always.
pump the tyres up if you want to go faster
Wahoo! - I'm in the 9s!

1:09.93
Quote from moeFinley :Wahoo! - I'm in the 9s!

1:09.93

have you got a decent set up as well? setup is everything on lfs.

i was always told by people its the driver, dont listen to them, thee are limits in how fast you can go with certain setups. i was struggling a lot round blackwood until someone at last gave me a decent set, automatically went a second quicker than my PB in 3 laps.
Quote from kieran20 :have you got a decent set up as well? setup is everything on lfs.

i was always told by people its the driver, dont listen to them, thee are limits in how fast you can go with certain setups. i was struggling a lot round blackwood until someone at last gave me a decent set, automatically went a second quicker than my PB in 3 laps.

I think this refers to the fact that a good set doesn't make a good driver. It also has something to do with the drivers ability to find the limit of a set, then increase it through a different setup.

A bad driver in a good set will still be a bad driver, just a slightly faster one.
when i 1st began a few years ago there was a guy called lefty with (what to a noob, me) seemed like oversteery sets. in the hands of an experiences person they were fast because they learned to drive around the oversteer by goin into corners faster

so often a good set will actually be slower to sum1 in experiences than a 'bad' set

try this set m8, i use this 1. the 2nd 1 is the WR set which is faster, but more oversteery for better turn in. i bet u will go quicker with the amp88 set even tho its slower

ive done 1:07 with both but bios set is a tenth or 2 faster, but uses tyres more.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_blgp, amp88.set - 132 B - 247 views
FORMULA XR_bl1_Bioha1572.set - 132 B - 177 views
#8 - aoun
good set doesnt make a good driver.. but with out a good set... well actually the right set.. you aint gonna get no where..

lol unless its a bf1 vs mrt
Quote from moeFinley :I've been stuck at about 12.50 for the last few days. But after reading great Driving Tips post and downloading AnalyzeForSpeed I've cut it down to 10.95 in about 10 laps!!

Ok I know it's not a world record (or anywhere near it) but I'm really impressed with how big a difference it makes when putting a little bit of knowledge into practise. Thanks Victor for the great post!

Glad I could help

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG