The online racing simulator
Are there many wheels with clutches around??
Im really interested in the idea of having a clutch... for starts and manually heel and toe downshifting.. i think that wud be fun.. for the non sequential cars...

but are their many wheels with clutches around?? cuz i honestly dont have too much money to spend on the game i already have to upgrade this pc and yeah i dnt wanna spend tons for teh latest force feedback wheels just to get clutch ...or watever..

So are there inexpensive ones? many of em?
AFAIK, only the G25 has the clutch...
The cheapest wat to get a clutch is to frakenstein 2 cheep two pedal sets together. Make the fourth one on the left stationary, to make it your dead pedal.....or saw it off......aside from that you need bit of money....but again the term cheep is relative, maybee the g25 is cheap?
Quote from Hurts2bStock :The cheapest wat to get a clutch is to frakenstein 2 cheep two pedal sets together. Make the fourth one on the left stationary, to make it your dead pedal.....or saw it off......aside from that you need bit of money....but again the term cheep is relative, maybee the g25 is cheap?

how can you join 2 sets together exactly???

and wat does AFAIK mean?
Quote from racefactory :how can you join 2 sets together exactly???

Well you don't really have to join them together.
LFS will recognise and handle more than one controller, so you could
plug in two wheels, and put the two pedal units side by side.

With a bit of sawing, glueing, taping, etc.. you could indeed physically join the
two pedal sets together too

Quote from racefactory :and wat does AFAIK mean?

AFAIK is short for "As Far As I Know"
I tried that too with an old sidewinder joystick before I got the G25, but it was indeed a bit weird going left and right, It was a good laugh for a few laps but it didn't quite work out. It's now gonna be cannibalized to be my e-brake
Quote from AutoXLR8 :i tried to make a joystick my clutch... but it's also going left or right, which is a bit ... strange for a clutch. that would be a cheap solution

hahaha really? so wat do you use that with ur hand or foot i dont get it??/

oh ok cool.. driving with keyboard sucks i have to get a wheel!!!

oen thing i was wondering... if you are doing heel and toe downshifting... how can you make it so the brake doesnt have much travel?? becuz if it had tons of travel that means that when it is depressed you wouldnt be able to heel the accelerator properly becuz the brake is so much further forward in the braking position than the accelerator in the idle position????
Quote from racefactory :
oen thing i was wondering... if you are doing heel and toe downshifting... how can you make it so the brake doesnt have much travel?? becuz if it had tons of travel that means that when it is depressed you wouldnt be able to heel the accelerator properly becuz the brake is so much further forward in the braking position than the accelerator in the idle position????

Well if you have two sets of pedals, you can have the two left ones be clutch and brake, and have that set sit a bit more towards you.
Then the left one of the right set of pedals, which is further away from you (a bit) could be the accelerator, so then when you press the brakes, it will line up better with the gas pedal. I've never tried this of course, I don't know if that would be any good, I do know with the G25 I am finding it pretty tricky to heel toe.
Wahay! I'm not the only crazy fool with a joystick for a clutch pedal

I've done the same but had to recalibrate it so it only works from halfway. I get terrible leg cramp and ankle RSI from it though I'm now using two books to rest my heel on.
Wheels & Clutches
What I did was buy a second hand Wheel from Ebay and use the throttle from that as a clutch. Works really well.
Also, Act Labs used to make a "Performance" pedal set with a clutch, IIRC its been discontinued. I have the Logitech G25 which has a great set of pedals with clutch. You can get the whole wheel setup for under $250 now, which isnt too terribly bad.

By far the cheapest is to "combine" two pedal sets and use the gas pedal off the second pedal set as the clutch. LFS should recognize both pedal sets, so all you have to do is assing the correct pedals in the game.

You could always make your own pedal set, theres tutorials on how to do so all over the net and RSC(www.racesimcentral.com)
#13 - Woz
The Actlabs Performance pedals are a good pedal set, not quiet as good as the G25 set but they work very well. I used these for 2 years with my DFP before I got my G25.

I am about to put my Actlabs pedals and DFP up on trade me (Local Kiwi eBay). I would offer them on here but I think the postage would be too much from here to anywhere else as they are big and heavy.
Crazy....I just went to act labs site and never noticed they are 30 minutes from my house ....sorry to hyjack a bit here, but does anyone know if the act labs shifter is better than the g25's?

video of the actlabs shifter and tripple headtogo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGB6A5GyyEc
Just ordered the Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch Edition
The G25 is great but for my oponion to expensive.

I had the Momo Logitech wheel... well not bad but to much plastic and
build much to cheap for this price, so I selled it and bought the Thrustmaser now. A lot of metal parts and very very good quality... oh yes, and w/ a clutch
Quote from ingope :Just ordered the Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch Edition
The G25 is great but for my oponion to expensive.

I had the Momo Logitech wheel... well not bad but to much plastic and
build much to cheap for this price, so I selled it and bought the Thrustmaser now. A lot of metal parts and very very good quality... oh yes, and w/ a clutch

Is looks like the pedals are setup like in a real car with gas a bit back from the brake and clutch.....I like that wheel by the looks of it.....http://www.ugo.com/images/gall ... tchpedalracingwheel_3.jpg
/Hush mah mouth.
#18 - CSU1
Who is English?
#19 - clp
if you already have a wheel that you're happy with, then you could consider the Aussie made Advantage1 pedals. http://www.advantage1.com.au/

they're not "cheap" but they're extremely well made. You're highly unlikely to break them during use due to their all steel construction.

I have had a set for a few months now and think they're brilliant.

CLP
#20 - john
#22 - Jakg
not really, i wouldn't bother - go for the "well traveled" Logitech route!
#24 - Jakg
i have a set of pedals from ACT Labs (3 pedals, think they are the Performance ones), and i woulnd't recommend them, they EAT springs (like once every 3 weeks), and once you run out of the ones it comes with its 6-8 weeks from the US
Quote from Jakg :i have a set of pedals from ACT Labs (3 pedals, think they are the Performance ones), and i woulnd't recommend them, they EAT springs (like once every 3 weeks), and once you run out of the ones it comes with its 6-8 weeks from the US

is that the set that is linked here?

Quote from geeman1 :They just relaunched the RS pedals.

http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=947

No idea about quality, the exterior quite resemples the Advantage1 pedals, but the price about halved.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG