The online racing simulator
The BF1 and traction
(31 posts, started )
#26 - wark
Quote from tristancliffe :(unless that's changed for 2007)

Negatory.

§73 f) "The only permitted type of tyre heating devices are blankets which use resistive heating elements" (in other words, same as MMVI).
#27 - wark
Quote from George Kuyumji :Montoya lost his car twice with warm tyres tryieng to make that "shakedown" before the Restart. It is not that easy to throw a F1 car around like some LFS drivers seem to think.

Twice--out of how many starts? and practices? And he's the extreme case; I'm sure there have been many instances when any one of us could have driven better than JPM. :rolleyes:

F1 drivers are not gods. The motors (even engines) are usually more reliable than they are.
I think that this is a good example of the longitudinal grip problem. That it is not not really dropping off like it should when you spin the rears.
i have to agree with the logitudinal thing, somehow lauching a car at 9000rpm full boost is faster that 5000rpm being more conservative
well, ive seen mny f1 drivers spin on warming up laps, montoya, albert park one example
To put it more simply, watch the video in my post. These are old F1 cars, nothing like what the BMW Sauber should be. Then try to recreate that scene in LFS with the BF1. The very beginning where one pulls out to make a pass on a straight.

The BF1 and traction
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG