The online racing simulator
Problems running LFS. please help
(45 posts, started )
Problems running LFS. please help
hey guys started playing this last week and im hooked..

im running vista rtm and after about 5- 10 mins playing the game freezes and sometimes even locks up my system.....

its got worse since installing the V patch....

Any ideas thanks in advance nathan...
anyone help here its really annoying me now
did u tried to right click on the lfs icon go to properties and on compatibility choose windows xp
not tried that yet, ill give it a go now cheers
no that didnt work, this time i got blue screen of death :o

im tempted to get rid of vista and put xp back in..
Quote from niffer022 :no that didnt work, this time i got blue screen of death :o

im tempted to get rid of vista and put xp back in..

You could try dual booting with Windows XP and Windows Vista, or get a Virtual Machine and run Windows XP on that.
gd idea
used to dual boot, but vista seamed stable enough to run as main o/s... oh well
Quote from niffer022 :used to dual boot, but vista seamed stable enough to run as main o/s... oh well

You could try the Virtual Machine - I think VMWare is free to use for 30 days and there's a Microsoft one as well.
back on xp and runs sound as a pound........

illepall
Edit that. crashed again.. this time i had media player running in background... pc completely froze...

you thing that would cause the game to crash???
#12 - Davo
Sounds like an unstable system if it's happening on vista and xp. You overclocking at all? Check for virii, spyware etc. Use prime95 to check system stability and maybe even memtest your ram.
im overclocked but not as much as i used to be.... 3.0ghz now at 3.75ghz...

prime95 runs solid well it did untill i stopped it after 9 hour....

virus/spyware free too...

it a clean install of xp as of yest, all drivers are up to date a well....

my gfx card is not overclocked atm, i was running it at stock to see if that caused it....

is there any known probs with V patch??
#14 - Jakg
no, but i think you should make sure your PC is prime stable, or just go back to stock
what and you dont think running 2 instances of prime95 together for 9 hour isnt stable enough, to let it run lfs for more than 20 mins at a time...
#16 - Jakg
yes, i do actually, seeing as 9 hours isn't long enough for Prime - to be considered completely stable in an overclocking forum you need 20+ hours
well ill prime95 again then.... see you in 24 hours
#18 - Jakg
would be much easier just to go back to stock for a little while
i know what your saying but it will be sooooooo slow to me

im a speed freak
Quote from niffer022 :im overclocked but not as much as i used to be.... 3.0ghz now at 3.75ghz...

so, you overclocked your cpu by 750mhz (nearly 1ghz) what kind of heatsync are you using?
it sounds like you have a slight overheating issue.
You're missing the point, at the moment your system crashes after 20 minutes of LFS, even if you get prime to run for 20+ hours your system still crashes after 20 minutes of LFS!

Just don't overclock it or at least don't other clock it so much?
#22 - Jakg
for some reason i though you had a Conroe - what CPU do you have?

Edit @ Dadge - Core2Duo's can overclock by that much on some decent water cooling
yeah, i know that but i have a feeling that this is not the case. i may be wrong (but hope i'm right lol)
iv got a tribal watercooling system on my cpu...

iv got a p4 presscot cpu, i was running at 3.952ghz when i run prime95 for 9hours.. i stopped it then as i though that was good enough...
could you maybe try not overclocking as much, just to test to see if you have over done it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG