The online racing simulator
Advertising
(17 posts, started )
Advertising
Lately there has been a growing number of advertisements that come across the chat system while in a race. I can't tell you how much this disturbs me and I am totally against it.

In my web development I never place ads on any of my sites. I subscribe to cable TV to bypass all the advertising that I can. There are spam filters on my e-mail, and if I am bombarded by ads when I enter a website I will leave faster than you can blink an eye.

There is a time and a place for advertisements but on screen during a race is NOT one of them. I know that I can block messages but some of them are actually worthwhile and I enjoy chatting at times.

All I can say is.... I paid good money for this software and am not liking this area that it is moving into. Already I shy away from servers that are known to display this garbage. Anyone out there that is currently doing it or thinking about it, please think again.
I totally agree. Please advertise your l33t clan ...no... "race team" between the races and not when I'm trying to concentrate on that chicane. Also, do you really think I'm going to note down your URL or whatever info during a race? Hmm?
Ditto
I usually only post it if people ask ( who is T7R )
#5 - bbman
This would be another improvement suggestion: Instead of blocking ALL chat, you can also "mute" one player that spams the server...
hmm i like that idea
Me too. I was just about to suggest the same thing! Honestly though, if someone is doing this enough that it's a chronic problem they should just be kicked from the server. Personally, I wouldn't allow this on my server. The person doing the spamming would be warned once, then booted.
yeh that's a good thing. Tbh I haven't really experienced this apart from when someone enters a server.
WOW, what a suggestion, to "Mute" only one, or several players!! Great!! This is a most in the next patch!!! We should make a new thread in the Improvent suggestions, here is kinda OFF topic..
#10 - Woz
Also for player mute it mutes them from then on whenever you meet them on a server unless you un-mute them
Oh yeah guys, spectacular suggestion, I totaly agree with that one...
indeed, the mute would be a fantastic addition. Because there are a few annoyances out there and advertising is just one of them
Sorry a bit OT - Call me an old git, but what does l33t mean !?
Quote from PistonHead :Sorry a bit OT - Call me an old git, but what does l33t mean !?

A short Evolution of 1337

elite = eleet = leet = l33t = 1337

EDIT For a better understandig, I added the "ape to man" evolution:

ape = mape = mane = man
Quote from PistonHead :Sorry a bit OT - Call me an old git, but what does l33t mean !?

Thanks for asking that PistonHead - I'd been wondering that for ages but was too afraid to ask...
The problem isn't the lack of a single player mute capability. The problem is the taggers that repeatedly spam. The solution is not to wait for the next patch, the solution is to kick or even ban abusers. This is a community problem and should be solved by us.

Personally, I rarely see this kind of behavior. If I do on my server, it is a warning and then a ban. If a person can't control themselves enough to stop spewing then they probably won't be worth racing against anyway. If you log onto my server and you imediatly spew out your "clan" information or some other nonsense, that will be your first warning. Do it again, and you are gone. It may sound a bit harsh, and there are exceptions, but a simple "Hello" when you log on will be all you need to say to be welcomed. Unfortunately, I cannot monitour my server 24-7, so it is bound to happen. If you have problems with people on my server, let me know, or send a replay.

O.T. but.....There is a very funny explaination of "l33t speak" in this months PC Gamer, also there are a number of "l33t speak" translators around the net if you want to see how sad you can make yourself sound .

Dan.

Advertising
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG