The online racing simulator
#1 - Slopi
Momo Doesn't see LFS as a game since patch V
I patched to V today. Went in and reconfigured my controls and everything, while noticing the second light on the Logitech Momo wasn't comming on when I launched LFS. It had come on yesterday when I launched LFS and everything worked fine, but since the patch it's stopped...

What this means is, though the game sees the each axis on the wheels and pedals, when I drive the car I have no force feedback whatsoever because the wheel doesn't see LFS as a game. I checked and rechecked, everything seems to still be fine as far as the wheel is concerned and I even made a new profile for the controller software for LFS with no results. Everything points to the patch as the issue so far

I have noticed an error when I launch LFS, that error reads exactly:
"DI: SetProperty - Unknown Error"
Besides that, no other erros through windows or LFS. Attatched is my DXdiag report if someone who knows what they're doing needs it. Thanks in advance for any help, until then I'll wait a couple days before reverting to version U.
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 81.3 KB - 225 views
Quote from Slopi :I patched to V today. Went in and reconfigured my controls and everything, while noticing the second light on the Logitech Momo wasn't comming on when I launched LFS. It had come on yesterday when I launched LFS and everything worked fine, but since the patch it's stopped...

What this means is, though the game sees the each axis on the wheels and pedals, when I drive the car I have no force feedback whatsoever because the wheel doesn't see LFS as a game. I checked and rechecked, everything seems to still be fine as far as the wheel is concerned and I even made a new profile for the controller software for LFS with no results. Everything points to the patch as the issue so far

Besides that, no other erros through windows or LFS. Attatched is my DXdiag report if someone who knows what they're doing needs it. Thanks in advance for any help, until then I'll wait a couple days before reverting to version U.

Reverting to patch U seems to be extreme without even having tried to reinstall the momo software and LFS itself.
I think its because there are multiple FFB devices connected, try disconnecting all FFB devices, other than your wheel, and restart LFS.
#4 - Slopi
I thought I made this clear, apparently not. As of the day before the patch, everything was exactly the same. THE ONLY THING CHANGED is the patch. All FFB devices were hooked up, everything was a mirror image of how it is now, asside from the patch.

So, no I wont reinstall my Logitech software because one game suddenly doesn't want to work with it. Not to mention this would be the ONLY game not to work with it.

As for reinstalling LFS, I might just do that, thing is, I need to do it within the next few days if I want the unlocks for January to be full, in case this IS a patch issue, I have another unlock to go back to V.

Anyways, any more help would be appreciated
#5 - herki
You select which device "gets" the force feedback in the controller options, have you tried playing with this?
Quote from Slopi :

I just noticed this as well, however my second light is on and the wheel and pedals are working fine.

I have SCAN for games on start up checked......might that help you?

Says my MOMO is on ID 1....but you're right I no longer have a listing in global settings for LFS, strange.

Ant
#7 - Davo
Judging by your dxdiag report i'd suggest reinstalling your wheel drivers and removing the gamepad incase lfs tries to use it instead of the wheel.
Does this help?
Attached images
MOMO Help.jpg
I also have a Momo, and i have no Problems with V.

Seems like your problem is local, and you have to fix it local.
So don´t wait for the Devs to fix your problem, solve it by yourself.

1. Disconnect all Wheels, Sticks, Pads
2. Reconnect your Wheel.
3. Reinstall Logi-Profiler 4.60
4. Download new LFS archive, and try how it works on a fresh LFS-"install"

But you sound like you already know possible solutions, so just try em out.
Thanks for the feedback people. I'll be trying the full LFS install here today most likely. The fact that after the patch I had the error come up in LFS immidiately after launching the game tells me something went wrong with the patch on my machine, not that there's something wrong with the patch.

As for the logitech controller software, it's set to default to my wheel. I haven't actually used the Rumbple Pad in about a month so I'm not sure why that'd cause a problem now. Like I said though, nothing had changed until I put the patch in and everything was fine litterally the day before that :|

Anywho, wish me luck... I already miss my FFB hehe, and thanks again for the help.
I thought becuase the patch did re-do some controllers, that because it's connected, LFS may be initalizing the Rumblepad before it initalizes the Momo.
Have you tried turning the FF off then on again in the game control options?

if I plugged my wheel in after staring LFS I used to get the same problem a quick FF off on in the options sorted it

SD.
SparkyDave!

I'm not sure if that's what did it or not... I turned FFB off in the game, then back on and went to drive with no result. I exited LFS, closed the profiler down, went to eat before trying again, then when I relaunched LFS, I went and turned FFB off and on again, double checked everything for the thousandth time, then went to race and YAY it works!

Thanks guys for trying to help with this, seems like a rather random issue to say the least. Just glad to be back on the track

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG