The online racing simulator
LFS S2 patch V
(11 posts, started )
LFS S2 patch V
Ok, I'm a liscensed player and I was woundering why do we have to unlock patch V I have 2 left but arent we sopoused to get 1 unlock a month for updated like this, why do I have to unlock it? So now I play demo and it's fricking sweet, What heppens when we run out of unlocks? Do we have to buy more or what? Help me out because I really want Patch V
You'll get an unlock at the end of each month, up to a total of 2. However if you contact the developers and give a valid reason as to why you would need an extra unlock you'll surely 'get away' with it.
The reason this patch asks you to unlock again is because of a change in the system LFS uses for registered players. Nothing serious, just to prevent non-paying players from abusing the system. Seeing you're S2 licenced, there should be no problem whatsoever.
Enjoy christmas, drive safely
hello
Ok but I still have 2 unlocks avaible, so your only allowed a maximum of 2? and if i do unlock it i'll have another unlock sent at the end of the mounth?
Exactly, you'll have 2 again by January, won't run out of them
hello
Ok sweet, How can I add the game into my other one, so i'll have all my setups?
well.. technically you have a maximum of 3 (they say 2, because most likely your already using one of them), a new one each month incase you use one up; this is only because of the way the server works and confirms your account

but just a heads up, if you do something with your computer and aren't sure everything works yet.. please dont unlock it yet, just wait until your sure everything is set and ready to work, once you know it all works then you can unlock it; there are enough threads about people complaining of doing something to their computer and unlocking it each time and then run out so..
Installing the .exe file you can fetch from the homepage over your current install (depending whether you already have 0.5U installed or not) will keep any setups, skins and colours, but will overwrite the data/script folder so that should be backed up beforehand.
Quote from XCNuse :well.. technically you have a maximum of 3 (they say 2, because most likely your already using one of them), a new one each month incase you use one up; this is only because of the way the server works and confirms your account

but just a heads up, if you do something with your computer and aren't sure everything works yet.. please dont unlock it yet, just wait until your sure everything is set and ready to work, once you know it all works then you can unlock it; there are enough threads about people complaining of doing something to their computer and unlocking it each time and then run out so..

What do you mean once I know it works? I've been playing the demo for 2 days. And what do you mean it's doing something to their computers? I'm not going to reformat my hard drive any time soon, nor will I be buying a new PC either, Is that what you mean?
#9 - ajp71
Just ignore the last bit of XC's post it doesn't apply to you, he's talking about if your updating your hardware. Your perfectly safe to unlock your patched copy of LFS now.
hello
Ok, Thanks for the heads up
The reason that we all have to re-unlock is a feature, not a bug. Vista compatability (like anyone uses vista)...

LFS S2 patch V
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG