The online racing simulator
"wrecker barricade network"
(38 posts, started )
Ok, I'm reasonably new with less than 7000 miles to date, but the more I play the more I want to play. I give up positions and brake early behind cars and of course make the occassional mistake which I always appologize for. And, with the exception of 2 people that I recall, always try to get revenge for being spun out by catching up and making the cleanest pass ever. With that in mind I hope I'm asking a new question.

I've been trying to keep up with what goes on in the forum and something caught my eye that also scared me. The "wrecker barricade network". I go from race to race trying cars and so on, but occassionally I'll go into a room and get kicked out or banned for no reason other than I might be too fast(which doesn't say all that much if you look at my stats). How can I protect myself from an Admin that may be abusing their privilages.

Of course if this topic has been discussed before could someone post the link here so I can stop wasting valuable racing time

Thanks
#2 - Gunn
Quote from Chuckily :

I've been trying to keep up with what goes on in the forum and something caught my eye that also scared me. The "wrecker barricade network". I go from race to race trying cars and so on, but occassionally I'll go into a room and get kicked out or banned for no reason other than I might be too fast(which doesn't say all that much if you look at my stats). How can I protect myself from an Admin that may be abusing their privilages.

Evidence submitted to the wrecker barricade is judged independantly and has no connection to admins abusing their position.
#3 - Dumpy
Quote : How can I protect myself from an Admin that may be abusing their privilages.

Don't go to their servers =-)
Quote from Chuckily :How can I protect myself from an Admin that may be abusing their privilages.

Admins don't have privileges, they have rights over the servers they own and run. The ones with privileges are all the client users, including you. On any server your access is essentially at the whim of the local admin. The only way to avoid power-tripping jerkass admins is to not patronize their servers. This goes for any online game, really.
#5 - SamH
Chuckily, the Barricade protects against wreckers, not racers. There's a difference between someone who tries to drive, and someone who tries to wreck, and server admins are experts at telling the difference. Don't worry about the Barricade.. it's there to help you have a good and safe race
Thanks
Thanks guys, I feel better now and I hope I didn't tick anyone off.

Is there a "Power-tripping Jerkass Admin Barricade Network"?
Quote from Chuckily :Thanks guys, I feel better now and I hope I didn't tick anyone off.

Yes there is. Everyone has their own customizable "Power-tripping Jerka.. Admin Barricade Network". It is very powerful, but it is said that you can only use 10% of it's capacity. It's called your brain. If there are idiot admins out there running their servers, then it won't ever be a nice place to race, so you just don't go to those servers .
Quote from Chuckily :Thanks guys, I feel better now and I hope I didn't tick anyone off.

You know, there might ought to be in the future maybe, but for now I don't think LFS really has that big of a problem with megla manic server admins.

But even as we speak, trouble is brewing. In a chat room somewhere there is a meeting with evil server admins who have decided that the common LFSer will Race HOW THEY see fit And WHEN THEY see fit. They
feel the common LFSer has no real sense of self control. All it takes is for one racer to blow off a blue flag and chaos will result. THEY want order and THEY are the only ones to enforce this new order. Their plan is to infiltrate the public servers, voting to ban undesireables that are wrecking. They will be seen as heroes to the community. But then they'll want to purify things a bit further by purging drifters and K/B users from the ranks. They will develop apps for the game that will enable them to see what FOV the other drivers are using for themselves to ensure these drivers a driving with the correct point of view. They will become monsters.

But there is hope, somewhere in the wilds of DEMO land the PROPHET dwells, ahd he will smite the efvil server lords with his mouse and banish them to the arcady hell they deserve. and we will be free again once more.
Quote from Racer Y :They will develop apps for the game that will enable them to see what FOV the other drivers are using for themselves to ensure these drivers a driving with the correct point of view.

Hehehe, can't wait for this. Get rid of those foolish people who think default 90 degree FOV looks realistic
Quote from SamH :Chuckily, the Barricade protects against wreckers, not racers. There's a difference between someone who tries to drive, and someone who tries to wreck, and server admins are experts at telling the difference. Don't worry about the Barricade.. it's there to help you have a good and safe race

Does the barricade protect against cheaters also? The people that cut the corner every time for example on BL2reverse?

Quote from Racer Y :...

ROFL
#11 - Jakg
not atm, no
Quote from Jakg :not atm, no

Why not? Someone with more free time than I should start a Cheater barricade
lol! ooo ideas forming!

erm, pah they gone.
It's not like its official or anything, all the 'barricaded' servers are usually titled as such. If you don't like it, then don't go to those servers. illepall
Quote from Jakg :not atm, no

You know, that's like stoping 95% of the bad people out there... Why not stop the rest 5% - the blatant cheaters.

Quote from wheel4hummer :It's not like its official or anything, all the 'barricaded' servers are usually titled as such. If you don't like it, then don't go to those servers.illepall

illepall
#17 - SamH
This is actually a very important point. The barricade was created to stop the wreckers.. the low-life demo lot, that obliterate race after race for fun.

One of the effects of the barricade has been to get people thinking about their behaviour on the track, and the impact it has on other people.

I've known a few people who were perfectly capable of racing really well, but on occasion just decide to hit a server to fart around.. wreck a few people.. drive without any consideration.. then disappear, come back the next day and race like pro drivers again.

Is it okay for them to have that fun, just every now and again, at the expense of everyone else on the track? Some people who used to think it was, have had to rethink that. What the barricade has done, basically, is force that question, at least to some extent.
lol yeps - I fell victim to that precise point. Whereas i'm not the best racer in the world... I have been racing non-seriously for about 8 months i think now, and I've had my fair share of accidents caused and apologies.
I think I've been banned from one server for a deliberate wreck and that was Fragmasters Oval Junkies months ago.
But anyways my point is this, I see myself as an average racer that for the most part races fair, but like Sam just said, I've had a few moments where i let my aggression take over and start taking revenge on careless drivers... and to which point im now banned by the WB.
If you do feel the need to go act like a dick or cant control your aggresion then either go take a break, or just log onto the demo servers. One little mistake can cost you dearly...
#19 - SamH
Yeah! This is a good time to point out that there is an option at http://barricade.ukct.net to request an UNban. There are occasions where the information in a single replay, which APPEARS to tell a whole story, only tells a part of the tale.

The barricaded servers aren't looking for excuses to ban people. They're looking to protect their servers from wreckers. That probably sounds like semantics, but it's really the heart of the matter.

Sometimes the wrecking done on a server is due to the axe murderer effect. In the short term, the username will be banned. If the REAL account holder contacts me via PM or via the Unban option on the Barricade, guaranteeing that they've taken the necessary steps to prevent it all happening again, it typically leads to an unban. I've been fooled before with this though, so I'm cautious, but I'm not unreasonable. I'm just, like all the other barricaders, looking after our servers and the racers on them.

If you HAVE been reported to the Barricade, but there's either a good explanation for what happened or you can offer some solid guarantees that it won't happen again, it's worth appealing IMO.
Quote from f1r3b4ll :If you do feel the need to go act like a dick or cant control your aggresion then either go take a break, or just log onto the demo servers. One little mistake can cost you dearly...

To think that is bad enough, but to publicly suggest that for S2 players it is ok to go onto demo and wreck is just wrong

If anyone feels this constant urge to harm others (be it road rage or any other similar act) they need to seek help, or at the very least take a couple of large steps back and evaluate themselves Go take a break is good advice though
Sorry I was a bit tipsy last night, and no they shouldn't go wreck demo users lol.

If they feel the urge to wreck, they should:

1. Go buy flatout 2 - its only like $19.95 from steam

2. Make your own server and play with the AI

3. Develop a destruction derby server

So there you go...

(Anyone got more Morgan's Spiced )
:rolleyes: typical fireball

lol

but yea i'll agree buy something (in the sales) like need for speed or somthing that you can take your frustration out on...

thats why i bought the new nintendo wii but 200 + quid is a expencive for just using to take your frustration out on...

J.

p.s i dont have any morgan but i do have some bells...about 5 fricken bottels that i wont shift by the end of 2006.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Does the barricade protect against cheaters also? The people that cut the corner every time for example on BL2reverse?

Or instead of going to all that trouble to make software, set it all up, let everyone know how petty you are and then review replays of some people cutting corners sent in by other petty people you could just get server admins to add a few extra sets of tires in the "problem areas"?

OR

Even better, just not let it bother you so much!
#24 - Jakg
actually, Cheaters as in the NOS mod are on there (and usually get 999999999999999 day bans, admins hate them more than wreckers!), but corner cutting is sometimes accepted on servers (although i ALWAYS ask)
yeah along those lines - if you have a problem like that on a server. speak more to the server admins, most likely you arent the only one upset with it and it can easily be solved with a little track editing..

Back on topic though, No the WB does not (to my knowledge) ban cheaters, it's sole purpose is to act as a tool to help make admins jobs easier and to give them the chance to make there server more secure from banned wreckers...

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG