The online racing simulator
animated billboards?
(26 posts, started )
animated billboards?

Would it be possible to animate this billboard?
is it any realistic?

I prefer Scawen/Eric's developing time for billboards which are updated/randomly selected from a server instead of ticking watches.
of course; some tracks have big TV's on the track that show cars and ads
it would indeed be cool if people could upload LFS billboard themes to LFS world that servers could select that would enable some kind of moderation, ie only the best ones accepted.

still hardly an essential thing though is it
But there are some 'billboards' that could be animated on our tracks.

Ok not billboards, but signs that have lights on them. (Like the lighted direction inticators on South City... and the Green/Yellow/Red flag light indicators on the new S2 tracks?)

Those need to be animated imo, or well... at least we need to have some LIFE into these tracks, there is no movement or surrounding "Whoah, nice attention to detail" type stuff.

Cool billboard btw Al.
Quote from Tweaker :Those need to be animated imo, or well... at least we need to have some LIFE into these tracks, there is no movement or surrounding "Whoah, nice attention to detail" type stuff.

You are searching for "Whoah, nice attention to detail" type stuff? What about the windmills around blackwood. They are a relly nice attention do detail, because they turn relative to the windspeed. So what do you want more? Details? Blackwood's fixed long straight. Never heard of a game, where the developers not only fixed some bumps in a track from one version(s1) to another (s2) but also designed that repair like a real repair, different colored tarmac. You know?

Ok... there could be some more life to the tracks - but LFS is an online simulator. So there are much more important features to come

greets,
Warper
I reckoned if thet can animate the waving flags and the windmills, it should be possible to put a bit of animation onto the odd billboard, I'd love to know how - so it's just a suggestion, interested in others feedback. Of course there's mor important stuff in the game, like intelligent a.i., for example, but the whole surroundings and textures is what creates such an immersive environment for the sim.
Quote from Warper :So what do you want more? Details?

So you are ok with having empty grandstands, no environmental track-life sounds, pitcrew?, track marshalls that wave flags, animated billboards or flag-type billboards that wave/hang on pedestrian bridges... to name a few?

Honeslty, the track-life is dead, I don't see how anyone would disagree, there are some things missing that make the tracks feel less believable... or at least too abstract, especially with no spectators in the grandstands or fenceline

I'm not talking about actual track surface improvements, I am talking about trackside objects, props, detail.... now you see?
its like.. compare the surrounding in LFS with the surrounding in GT4

GT4 has a GREAT surroundings around the tracks with people moving away from cars, taking pictures.. all sorts of stuff

but in LFS.. all we have are some people that... need to get some new clothes.. much less a face lol (yes, the windmills are very nice to see in S2.. but thats not really "tracklife" thats more of.. a windmill farm lol)
Ok problem is - i never saw pitcrews or visitors/spectators looking really nice without needing such an immense graphic and cpu power.

The main part of LFS is close online racing without any loading times and without high pc-performance needs. All the things u request are nice to have, but if u do a really fast and close race, u don't care about these things.

Let me conclude, many thinks like track-environment improvement are nice to have, but are not necessary. Atleast for me.

Greetz,
Warper
#11 - jmkz
this game is in alpha, let them finish the driving engine before investing ANY time in fluffy fluffiness like trackside gimmicks.

when the driving in 100% "correct" and different weather conditions are implemented, more tracks and cars are added, then, and only then, do I think should they consider making the trackside life richer and nicer to look at.

it should however, never get priority. this game is after all not called "Need for Speed"
The name of the thread is IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS, my post was an Improvement Suggestion.Would you like it changed to "Only really important things the developers need to look at as a priority" before your Post Police licence expires?
If you like, go make a post about what you think is the list of correct priorities for improvements, but don't bog these suggestion posts down and divert the discussion with your own issues, please.

Although your opinion is valid (and I agree there are other more pressing priorities) it is not relevant to the post.
I like the general 'add life to the tracks' suggestion, and I agree it needs to wait until S2 goes final.

Then, and only then, will the Devs start adding 'extras' to the sim like this.

However, nice suggestion, and I'd really like to see that Tag Heuer clock move
I don't know nothing about coding, so maybe this is dumb, but anyway:

Since we have clocks in most cars that actually work (they are animated - just very slowly), shouldn't it be easy to have working clocks on the track as well?
Quote from al heeley :The name of the thread is IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS, my post was an Improvement Suggestion.Would you like it changed to "Only really important things the developers need to look at as a priority" before your Post Police licence expires?
Although your opinion is valid (and I agree there are other more pressing priorities) it is not relevant to the post.

Guy, calm down. Nobody wants to flame your suggestions. But i thought, that this is a discussion board. So why didn't you just wrote an email to the devs, when you don't want to talk about your suggestions. I only mentioned my thoughts... sorry for my opinion.

Greetz
Sorry warper, I was not having a go at you! I was having a go at the post below yours! Heheee, having a grumpy day, I agree with your comments totally. Be nice to see a way of animating the billboards though.
Agreed:bath:
Quote from Linsen :I don't know nothing about coding, so maybe this is dumb, but anyway:

Since we have clocks in most cars that actually work (they are animated - just very slowly), shouldn't it be easy to have working clocks on the track as well?

But AFAIK those clocks are 3d objects. Infact, all the "animated" things currently in LFS are 3d objects and not sprites/animated textures (like you'd want on a generic billboard).
Quote from Tweaker :So you are ok with having empty grandstands, no environmental track-life sounds, pitcrew?, track marshalls that wave flags, animated billboards or flag-type billboards that wave/hang on pedestrian bridges... to name a few?

I could care less about animated billboards, but I agree with you about the above items. I would love to see marshalls waving the yellow flag instead of a big "YELLOW FLAG!" in the middle of my screen. And having a marshall that points the direction out of the pits would be nice too. With all the tracks having a reverse direction this can get confusing. A simple guy standing there pointing would suffice. Pit crew would be great as well.

I just don't want to have to buy a 12GHz machine in order to run the game.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I could care less about...

Sorry to be a grammar nazi here, but it's "couldn't care less"
Well, no...because I could care less. But it would be a stretch.
Quote from Warper :Ok problem is - i never saw pitcrews or visitors/spectators looking really nice without needing such an immense graphic and cpu power.

The main part of LFS is close online racing without any loading times and without high pc-performance needs. All the things u request are nice to have, but if u do a really fast and close race, u don't care about these things.

Let me conclude, many thinks like track-environment improvement are nice to have, but are not necessary. Atleast for me.

Greetz,
Warper

I know what you mean, I know the game could definitely have on-track improvements and the most important stuff, but for the people that love to take screenshots, take movies, making the game much more presentable adds to the enjoyment of viewing.... I don't always race, I watch races too . But there are some things mentioned that are kind of needed... like the working Track Marshalls. We have a few guys standing around, but they don't do anything, heh.
Quote from AndroidXP :Sorry to be a grammar nazi here, but it's "couldn't care less"

His flag is American...for some reason "could care less" is the way they say it across the Pond. Makes no sense to me either
Quote from Cue-Ball :Well, no...because I could care less. But it would be a stretch.

Good retort though, if you ask me...
Quote from Tweaker :I know what you mean, I know the game could definitely have on-track improvements... We have a few guys standing around, but they don't do anything, heh.

I reckon they nust have based it on my office.

animated billboards?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG