The online racing simulator
Hopes about LFS S3
(31 posts, started )
Hopes about LFS S3
What you think about Nuernburgring or Laguna Seca in LFS? Have you ever played GT2 in PSX? you saw there an oval track (not this in LFS's Kyoto) which is for beating speed records? and cars something-like: Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, some SUV's like X-trail... give some propositions I hope that the destructive model of those cars will be more realistic, too. And whats your propositions and hopes about LFS S3?

(sorry for my english)

thank you
Oh dier...And hello...guite mad first post...been taking something?
But to the topic...S3 is far far away in distand future, S2 to first. But real weather is what we need to make races even more challenging...
can we have S2 first please?
#4 - nism0
Agree. I just want S2 first
1st of all is this not 'On-Topic'?
I dont think we'll see Leguna Seca or Nurburgring in LFS, or many real life cars for that matter because the licence fee's.
All LFS really needs is some minor physics and sound changes and some variable weather conditions and i'll never leave my room!
wont be real life tracks because it is not a big game, backed by big companies like ea sports. will just be good made up tracks
I like the idea of having the developers only including their own made-up tracks in LFS.

I don't really see the need for real life tracks when you have AS National, Blackwood, South City etc etc. Plenty too keep you going in my opinion. How many people can say they have mastered every track?
I WANT AN ARCADE MODE!

Quote from deggis :I WANT AN ARCADE MODE!

This games a simulation! Want an arcade mode, find it elsewhere.

I couldn't live with an arcade mode in LFS :thumbsdow
Quote from deggis :I WANT AN ARCADE MODE!

*trys to hold back the angry mob* :bullwhip:
Yep, the made-up tracks are one of the best things about LFS, along with the made-up cars.
the current tracks are pretty awsome. This feels like deja vu mentioning all the things we'd like to see in s3... been done before a million times but i'll list a few yet again

-Weather=rain,snow, ice etc... hot and cold days
-better damage modeling= parts breaking off engine damage etc...
-more accurate physics
-smarter AI
-Rally stages both tarmac,dirt and ice with hillclimbs and downhills also
- More range of lock for the gtr cars. :P
-Better sound effects!!!! different BOV's for the turbo cars.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :This games a simulation! Want an arcade mode, find it elsewhere.

I couldn't live with an arcade mode in LFS :thumbsdow

It was a joke...

Quote from Gabkicks :-Rally stages both tarmac,dirt and ice with hillclimbs and downhills also

I think the devs should concentrate only to simulating racing on race tracks. The physics are made primarily for that purpose. Rallycross feels a bit lame and too easy after RBR. It's just a nice addon.
Wouldn't turn down Laguna Seca in a heartbeat, love the track (heh only an hour and a half drive from my home, I got there a lot :cool: ).

Man... it would especially be neat if I could somehow get a hold of the owners or whoever and get the track oficially licensed for LFS . I've always wanted to see a big LFS gaming tent there one day!!!
My hopes for the future of LFS (S3 and beyond) is that it at some point will be open for modders. Third party cars and tracks made by people with no life
And if it ever will be modable, all those who wants real tracks and cars won't have to wait long. And those who don't want real tracks and cars doesn't have to use them. Everyone get's happy
Quote from deggis :It was a joke...

I think the devs should concentrate only to simulating racing on race tracks. The physics are made primarily for that purpose. Rallycross feels a bit lame and too easy after RBR. It's just a nice addon.

your thinking too small. LFS's goal is to simulat racing without "faking" physics like other games do. By the time lfs's physics are at a high enough of a level rally should be just a matter of making the stage. And i'm honestly thinking more towards "touge battle" tarmac on windy mountain roads.
Quote from deggis :I think the devs should concentrate only to simulating racing on race tracks. The physics are made primarily for that purpose. Rallycross feels a bit lame and too easy after RBR. It's just a nice addon.

I think the Rallycross is more realistic than the track racing. I have done both in real life and the rallycross in LFS is GREAT!
I mightn't be hard to drive then car, but it's very hard to be quick. It's not hard to drive real racing cars, but it's pretty hard to be quick.
Less threads like this?
Quote from nikimere :I think the Rallycross is more realistic than the track racing. I have done both in real life and the rallycross in LFS is GREAT!
I mightn't be hard to drive then car, but it's very hard to be quick. It's not hard to drive real racing cars, but it's pretty hard to be quick.

Ever played Richard Burns Rally? After that rallycrossing in LFS feels just too simple.
i know its million years to have s3 version but... its quite too late to change anything in s2, in cars models. and ok, ok, i did not want to have the same Nuernburgring as in the real but a remake... i love those corners. and... when editing map using cones, banners etc to make own track. the racetrack must be open for modifies not being graphically limited. ex: in Aston International you see the right track and the hidden ways, where you cannot enter (banners, automatical comebacks). and bigger car parks with bigger number of objects. and another mistake: when you hit the wall the car rotates unnaturally... what the...?! i hope that LFS programmers will make some great tracks and cars like Carrera, DTM cars etc. i hope so!
Some real DX9 based graphics and effects, better force feedback, like more feeling of the road and whats going on and the wheel going light from understeer and simulating the hopping it does at higher speeds, no crazy left to right wheel shake would be nice. (hopefully better FF in S2)
A blowoff valve that doesnt loop like it does now so we can add our own customs. The way it is now it loops the file over from the last point it stopped playing, it should play 1 time start to finish, not loop all silly.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :I like the idea of having the developers only including their own made-up tracks in LFS.

I don't really see the need for real life tracks when you have AS National, Blackwood, South City etc etc. Plenty too keep you going in my opinion. How many people can say they have mastered every track?

100% agree
+weathering as mentioned around here and elsewhere

--track / car editing should be possible, but ONLINE it would be a mess, if everyone builds his own track and "tweaks" his own car so he's fastest...

the autocross editor is enough for trackmanipulation (placing objects n stuff)
not forgeting oil spills from engin blow ups, tyre marbles off the racing line ,etc......basically what we have in RL
Quote from Pabs(Sco) :not forgeting oil spills from engin blow ups, tyre marbles off the racing line ,etc......basically what we have in RL

Tyres marbles ?? That would be erm, hard to implement i guess if you mean visually. If you just mean less grip offline i'm sure something similar will be implemented in S3 because if there is going to be rain then the track grip will have to be able to dynamicly change so it may happen.

Andy.
When everyone is going crazy, I will aswell....

I want to get out of the car and have a drink with a nice pit girl.
Maybe get her a little drunk... hm...

Hopes about LFS S3
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG