The online racing simulator
203 Setups in one .zip
(49 posts, started )
203 Setups in one .zip
This is essentially my setup directory squeezed into a .zip file for the convienence of other racers. After downloading them all from Team Inferno's Setup Field I thought people might apprechiate them in one single file, also included are Bob's Easy Race setups. All unmodified from their original download form.

I don't take any credit for these files, give your kudos to Bob and the insanely fast racers who post them on Setup Field. If anyone has a problem with me posting these like this let me know and I'll pull the file.

To make it easier for people to recognise the setups I renamed them from things like FXO_GTR_ky3.set so it will show up as KyotoNational in game. A couple have been marked as 'Quali' setups for a few tracks because the authors noted they wouldn't last past a few laps.

Setups with a '1' in the title are an alternative to the main setup. Blackwood and Blackwood1 for example, would both be for BLGP.

Hopefully a few people find this useful.
Attached files
LFSsettings.zip - 48.9 KB - 5241 views
Good idea about combining all the Team Inferno setups. And I've no problems with my sets being in there, everything people put on forums for public availability is obviously intended for people they use (however they download it).
Thanks a bunch! You just saved me a ton of time and mouse clicks.
A bit off topic but I can't understand why so many asks after they join a server "someone have a good setup?". It can't be too hard to alt+tab or Shift+F4, go to the Setupfield website, download a setup and get back to the game.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Quote from deggis :A bit off topic but I can't understand why so many asks after they join a server "someone have a good setup?". It can't be too hard to alt+tab or Shift+F4, go to the Setupfield website, download a setup and get back to the game.

where is the setupfield website at ?
http://www.setupfield.com doesn't work for me
#6 - Renku
#8 - Ish_
thanks a lot. just what i needed
Why would having 203 setups be a good thing? 2 proper ones per car.. 203 mostly 'randomly created' setups would only confuse the average user. Good drivers will tune / make their own. People in need of setups need a few good base setups imo..
Thanks a lot. Very useful right now, since I've lost a substantial amount of my setups.
Quote from deggis :A bit off topic but I can't understand why so many asks after they join a server "someone have a good setup?". It can't be too hard to alt+tab or Shift+F4, go to the Setupfield website, download a setup and get back to the game.

Thats something a don't understand too. Seems like they are driving this car on this track for the very first time. But some of them drive laptimes, that i can't make (yet) even if I already made 250 laps.
Quote : A bit off topic but I can't understand why so many asks after they join a server "someone have a good setup?". It can't be too hard to alt+tab or Shift+F4, go to the Setupfield website, download a setup and get back to the game.

Probably becouse they don't know there is something like setupfield

Quote :
Thats something a don't understand too. Seems like they are driving this car on this track for the very first time. But some of them drive laptimes, that i can't make (yet) even if I already made 250 laps.

My theory for that kind of people is that they are on some competition "who has more setups"
#13 - jmkz
very nice compilation, thanks!
Thanks for your time doing this. Makes it a lot easier for people to try different setups to match their driving style.
not everyone wants to bother downloading a setup every time they enter a new track / car combo. Thanks for posting this compilation up matey, appreciated.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Why would having 203 setups be a good thing? 2 proper ones per car.. 203 mostly 'randomly created' setups would only confuse the average user. Good drivers will tune / make their own. People in need of setups need a few good base setups imo..

I included mainly one setup for each track per car, I agree that it's probably a little overkill but this way people have a much better chance of finding a good setup they like which they can then tweak for the other tracks.

Glad people found this useful.
Quote from Renku :http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

Thank you very much for that link. I had never heard of it. It is all well and good for someone to post a question of why ppl don't just download setups but if they don't post the web site it doesn't help much.

Also thanks to WorldFamous and Bob Smith for their files.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Why would having 203 setups be a good thing? 2 proper ones per car.. 203 mostly 'randomly created' setups would only confuse the average user. Good drivers will tune / make their own. People in need of setups need a few good base setups imo..

some setups just don't work on some tracks. therefor it's better to have track specified sets i think. atleast for most track/car combo's i have differant sets
Hello guys,

the intention is positive, the usefulness is great for the people at the moment. But this is cutting the tree you are sitting on.

Setup Field is a website. It required lots of hard work and still needs some babysitting. As a website, it needs traffic. I don't know if I really have to explain, but if someone collects all the goodies of a site, then puts up on his website, well, that's not nice.

If you like Setup Field, and you would use it in the future, you don't do things like that.

We can't do anything to prevent people from doing this though. We just trust people's common sense.
A very valid comment.

After visiting the setup site, I did find it a tad awkward to use, mainly because I had some trouble working out the shortened car names. :-P

What if that site had a zip file for multiple setups? Would that be a good thing?
Bob hello
iam having trouble getting out of 2nd gear on the v8 cars and the gt cars
during the race start every thing is fine but when i go to pits my 2nd gear sticks
at 48 mph coming out of pits help
Try turning the pit limiter off (key "L" by default)
Thanks for sharing! Gonna have some fun trying these out
ok bob ill give it a go thanks
Quote from Palee :Hello guys,

the intention is positive, the usefulness is great for the people at the moment. But this is cutting the tree you are sitting on.

Setup Field is a website. It required lots of hard work and still needs some babysitting. As a website, it needs traffic. I don't know if I really have to explain, but if someone collects all the goodies of a site, then puts up on his website, well, that's not nice.

If you like Setup Field, and you would use it in the future, you don't do things like that.

We can't do anything to prevent people from doing this though. We just trust people's common sense.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Setupfield could offer a similar "Setup Pack" download. I'm sure people who download it would return to the site in future because not every combo has a setup posted yet, and new and better setups are posted regularly also.

203 Setups in one .zip
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG