The online racing simulator
Something's gone wrong badly...
(4 posts, started )
#1 - (SaM)
It all started when I updated to Patch V and decided to take it for a spin.
After only 1 minute the graphics became corrupted as shown in the attachment. I have had this problem before once in a long while, but the difference with this is that I also have it in Windows now!
I decided to reboot my pc and let it cool off for a moment because it seemed like it was overheating.
In horror I discovered it was also the same while booting my PC!
I noticed that when I opened the case and gently touched the video card, the corrupted graphics seemed to shift, reacting to the movement.. wich makes it look like there's something loose in the AGP connection. (ATI Radeon 9800Pro).

It does seem like a videocard problem BUT, when I rebooted, I also noticed random symbols appearing on the screen. I doubt the video card is able to project corrupted symbols as it's only capable of project graphics.

Does anyone have any experience with a comparable problem? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Attached images
corrupted.jpg
#2 - Jakg
Take out the graphics card and put it in again.

Check the tempertures

Try taking it back to stock if its overclocked

Uninstall the drivers, reboot, driver cleaner them away, reboot, install the latest ones
#3 - Vain
Try underclocking it for a while. Especially the card's RAM-clock. Just to investigate on the problem.

I had a Geforce 4 that I had to underclock because after a while it was overheating for no apparent reason at stock clocks. Cleaned the fan, worked for a few days, overheated again, cleaned again, worked a day, became unbearable, bought new card.

Vain
#4 - Zyber
i had this problem before..
It may be the memory that is corrupt due to overclocking or overheating.. my card became like this after i touched it while taking it out of my computer..

that was a 9800pro aswell.. think it was a Powercolor or Saphire.

it can post corrupted characters on screen if it is corrupted and those lines over the screen is normal to

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG