The online racing simulator
HELP!! I think my video card has died!! [solved]
Hey,

I'm getting VERY worried! It's coming up to xmas and i had ALOT of LFS planned but i think my card has just died
I took the cable out to use it with my laptop and another monitor. When i was finished i went back to my PC turned it on and then plugged the monitor back in.
I can see the boot screen and the Windows loading screen but when it gets to the screen where all your accounts are listed the monitor looses signal.
I have tried 2 didfferent monitors and cables but i get the same result

Can anyone help? Please!?!
This sounds like a monitor fault Niki.. but I suppose could also be the card ... Try starting in safe mode (F8) this will auto set res to 800x600 IIRC and then re check all your display settings .

It could be that you have nudged the card a little in its slot , Might be worth opening up PC and take card out then back in to make sure its seated in the slot correctly.

I cant think of anything else ATM let us know if you fix it

Good luck.

SD.
#3 - ZORER
It happened to me a while ago..I checked it and saw that it was loose.I pushed the card back into slot and it never did the same problem again.
Fixed it! Phew!

I opened up my machine and moved the graphics card one slot over.
I had to reinstall my drivers but it worked so happy days
I can play loads of LFS over xmas!!
Thanks for your help guys!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - Jakg
either he has a PCI card, or an SLi mobo, although technically having 3 PCI-e slots for a gfx card is possible (nVidia want 2x cards in SLi, one card for Physics), currently the mobo's only have 2x, and then they usually split the 16x bandwidth, meaning each card runs in a 8x lane
errr... i dunno, i have about 3 slots that look the same. its a AGP card not PCI.... i think... i dont really know. i'm crap with these things
All i know is that it works now
Was the slot white? (I'm thinking PCI gfx)

SD.
dunno, i will have a look later and report my findings

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG