The online racing simulator
Speed when Online
(15 posts, started )
Speed when Online
Hi guys, my first post, just d/loaded LFS this am and bought it this pm

Coupla newbie questions if you have time to help me out...

Driving the F1 around Kyoto oval is fine in Singleplayer (with default setup), loads of d/force. speed etc. Online, however, I can't get above 80k, and I have an orange light on the speedo... ah, just thought, is there a pitlane limiter that I have to disengage? And if so, why isn't it in the singleplayer?

Talking of Pits,
1. How do I know, on a new track, which way to turn out of the pits?
2. How do I know which pit is mine when coming in?

Sorry if all this is obvious!
Quote from Rusty_Wheels :Hi guys, my first post, just d/loaded LFS this am and bought it this pm

Coupla newbie questions if you have time to help me out...

Driving the F1 around Kyoto oval is fine in Singleplayer (with default setup), loads of d/force. speed etc. Online, however, I can't get above 80k, and I have an orange light on the speedo... ah, just thought, is there a pitlane limiter that I have to disengage? And if so, why isn't it in the singleplayer?

Talking of Pits,
2. How do I know which pit is mine when coming in?

Sorry if all this is obvious!

1st of all welcome to LFS!

Not sure why pit limiter isn't in single player cuz i've never played single player... (Online rulz too much)

Pits,
1. You dont, just have to learn (as far as i know)
2. They are all yours stop in anyone
The speed limiter in default is L if remember right, you can map it where you want thou.

1. Well...you need to know in which way the track goes
2. You can make stop in every box

and Welcome

edit: beaten...
Quote from Blackout :edit: beaten...

2 minutes off the pace
Yes...friend was bashing with msn..I blame him

Quote from nikimere :
Not sure why pit limiter isn't in single player cuz i've never played single player... (Online rulz too much)

you just dont see it because you wont start from the pits like when midjoining a race online
OK, thanx for the speedy replies and thx for the welcome! The answers about the Pits were Pretty much as I thought, I've just d/loaded the manual and reading through it now.
Wellcome m8 new here also
lol, i have to admit i sometimes turn the wrong way when i join a server, but i usually figure out i am going the wrong way beforei come out of the pits. I'm still not completely used to the new tracks.
#9 - bbman
Other than that, in the upper left corner, there should be an overlay of the track...
That's great until you play the track reversed, since from the pits it looks exactly the same... and all of a sudden you get big warnings about going the wrong way. :doh:

At least S1 put you in the right direction, but I suppose it's kinda difficult now we actually start in the garage.
Quote from Rusty_Wheels :Talking of Pits,

easiest thing here is to just drive out into the pit lane, stop and press the car reset button. it should point you slightly in the correct direction
Quote from Bob Smith :That's great until you play the track reversed, since from the pits it looks exactly the same... and all of a sudden you get big warnings about going the wrong way. :doh:

At least S1 put you in the right direction, but I suppose it's kinda difficult now we actually start in the garage.

I did that last night at KY GP Reverse :doh:

Would be good to have an arrow come up the screen showing which way to turn out of the pit garage... like in GTR (I think it is).
Arrows dont show up in real life do they :P
Yes. They normally indicate which way a lane must turn

But of course not on the race track then again, we have no pit crew to tell us the right way.
Turning the wrong way into the pit lane is just a bit embarrassing... especially if you drive into someone coming in, oops

Thanks for the Car Reset tip, Takumi.

Speed when Online
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG