The online racing simulator
wheels problems
(6 posts, started )
#1 - mik22
wheels problems
ive got a mc2 from madcatz that i use with my xbox and im going to get an adapter to connect up to my pc. the only problem is that the accelarator seems to be stuck on, and pushing the pedal does nothing and it just redlines and i cant control it. is something wrong or is there anything i need to check/fix?

oh yeah i know theses arent very good wheels either

thanks for your help
Quote from mik22 :ive got a mc2 from madcatz that i use with my xbox and im going to get an adapter to connect up to my pc. the only problem is that the accelarator seems to be stuck on, and pushing the pedal does nothing and it just redlines and i cant control it. is something wrong or is there anything i need to check/fix?

oh yeah i know theses arent very good wheels either

thanks for your help

The adaptor is shit with the wheel, dont get it. i got a venom one and the calibration was terrible with the MC2. I used a PS2 to USB adaptor.
My first thought is, get a new wheel.

But here's the cheap solution: I have a feeling the connection from the pedal to the pot is broken. Open up your pedals, and check the wiring, and the (probably) mechanical connection to the pots (if you don't know what they are, they mostly are light copper coloured cilinders with a few metallic joints sticking out and a cogwheel). That's all the help I can give you, give it a shot. If you're scared to void your warranty, don't do it, then bring it back to the store where you bought it.
#4 - mik22
Quote from sgt.flippy :My first thought is, get a new wheel.

But here's the cheap solution: I have a feeling the connection from the pedal to the pot is broken. Open up your pedals, and check the wiring, and the (probably) mechanical connection to the pots (if you don't know what they are, they mostly are light copper coloured cilinders with a few metallic joints sticking out and a cogwheel). That's all the help I can give you, give it a shot. If you're scared to void your warranty, don't do it, then bring it back to the store where you bought it.

everything seems to be fine in terms of mechanical and the wiring, do you think it could be the variable resistor that is stuffed??
Quote from mik22 :everything seems to be fine in terms of mechanical and the wiring, do you think it could be the variable resistor that is stuffed??

Yea... sure... uhm... Told you I know nothing more about it But if you know what that is, why don't you check it? Can't really hurt I guess. There is another thread about this wheel, I'd say buy a new one. If you ask which one, well: Logitech G25 if you got the money, otherwise DFP or MOMO.
#6 - mik22
thank you for your help none the less!

wheels problems
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG