The online racing simulator
Canadian Survey
(48 posts, started )
Canadian Survey
Good day,

This is a survey conducted by myself in order to see if there would be a certain level of interest in a particular activity.

I was wondering if LFS Canadians would be interested in taking part in a league reserved for Canadians (or Canadian-origined) that would make them compete against one another. Another part of this survey is to know what race car would be desired to be used. The Turbo vehicules has originally been suggested, but I wish to know the views of the concerned drivers.

So if you are a Canadian interested in taking part in a Canadian league, please make a post stating your interest, your province (or territory), and your preference as race car.

For any question or comments, do not hesitate to post them as well.
Wow. Amazing...
Could be fun, but no need to reinvent the wheel perhaps? The League of the Americas runs a few different series. http://www.lfs-lota.net/

without shame, Chops also runs an open cup every Sunday night. Though we're taking a holiday break now, we'll be back in january.
Chops Racing
I don't think you should limit to just Canadians, seeing as there are rarely enough players online in North America to get a good race going.
Well, first of all... This was a survey. Second of all, the LOTA hasn't organized anything in my interest, and this isn't an open cup either. It's not for "to be organized by Canadians", but "for Canadians". And you don't even know what my idea is, so how can you say I am reinventing the wheel? Anyways, it shows that Canadians aren't very interested in a Canadian/national league and stuff...
I was just letting you know where Canadians were racing in leagues. But yeah, I would rather race with the whole continent, there isn't that many Canadian racers. We're also spread out by 3.5 hours of time difference which makes scheduling these things tricky, reducing the field even more.
I know Le Kid organized a Canadian only (well, Quebec only anyway) league for MRT's. This seemed to be a select group of people that he knew well, rather than a "here is my series for Canadians, please come and race" type deal. Not sure how it turned out, but it sounded like a cool idea.
Let's face it, there's not all that many Canadians on LFS to begin with, and only a fraction of those are willing and able to participate in leagues. To attract enough people, any league based in Canada has to be open to the US and ideally, also Mexico and South America.

Personally, I would prefer one of the LRF cars or TBOs. BTW, I'm in Ontario.
#9 - Nard
Actually banshee, that league Le Kid started (and that I joined mid-season) had two parts. The MRT and also a GTR (FXR only) panel.

At the final event, 16 people started on the grid, all from Quebec, french-speaking province of Canada. Of course, let's say the skill and lap times were spread on a wide line, as it was open for anyone, but I'm obviously proving how the idea that Canadians don't want to race seriously is wrong. If we can get 16 people from one province only, we can definately get more if we include the whole country.

Knight, PM me or mail me, I'd be ready to help you out to start something. Considering I already have started to know some of the LFS people at Quebec Racing and that the majority of that community wants to have GTR2 take the road/circuit racing niche (it's something about filling grids up instead of splitting them between sims, so majority decides what game gets to host what type of racing) I know some die hard LFSers will want to be part of another league if it disappears.

About this thread, I stubmled on it right now by mistake as it appeared on top of a search I did. So don't assume people aren't interested as I am TOTALLY in but didn't even notice that post before.
Whatever it is, I'm in. I prefer the TBOs or the FZ25 league of cars. Like the RA, LX6 cars. I'm in Ontario as well.
i'l be watching this one too
we had LFSNAL but that's been closed/suspended because the admins had no time. That worked rather OK but now I think we need another NAL type idea again.

I'd be fine with a NAL style league. Preferably a weekday night would prolly be best.
There have been good posts since my last one; good insight and good comments.

At least its a good thing to actually find out what people seem to like, or would be ready to do.

The reason why I was sticking to thinking of making a "Canadian" league wasn't to have only Canadians compete in it (even though that has to be), but because the league has a National attachement through it. Something that the Canadians compete for a Canadian title of some kind. (I know I don't give a lot of info here, just keeping my idea unsaid :P ).

But anyways. We could try to find a way to stretch it out the idea to include NA, but it would someone defeat the original idea's purpose. But it opens to new ideas I guess (that already exist elsewhere)...

Oh, and this was also a simple poll to know what Canadians like to drive in leagues, btw.
I think if there were a balance between US and Canada drivers (and mexico) we could have a NA title, where the Canadians compete, the Americans compete, and Mexicans compete, among each other, and as a nation. as long as the # of cars were equal.
An LRF league would be nice.
I think a MRT5 league would be fun :P
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :An LRF league would be nice.

Yeah, I'd be interested in that too.

Only just saw this thread....I have been looking to get into some league racing for the first time (never really got into it in GPL or LFS so far for some reason...). I'd be interested in a Canadian League if we got enough people together.
Quote from Knight_Atack :Well, first of all... This was a survey. Second of all, the LOTA hasn't organized anything in my interest, and this isn't an open cup either. It's not for "to be organized by Canadians", but "for Canadians". And you don't even know what my idea is, so how can you say I am reinventing the wheel? Anyways, it shows that Canadians aren't very interested in a Canadian/national league and stuff...

Well alot of people are on holidays aways from their racing wheels making December 20ish a bad time to post a thread that deserves much responses.

I would be VERY interrested in Canadian content but can't give it much thought until after that FAT MAN IN RED has come and gone. Family first.

One thing I can point out having done other online projects. When discussing on line anything...

We should split the drivers by TIME ZONE and not country. Western North America (GMT) or Eastern North America (EST) works out better because people will be on the same time.

As with ANY on line stuff though. Western North America (GMT) seems to have less people doing this stuff for whatever reason. I get on at 9:00 PM GMT (11:00 PM EST) and almost no one is on. This was the case with ALL on line things I have done.

Anyway, I would love Canadian Stuff. Chops has been alot of fun since I started racing. The Sunday Cups are a hoot it seems if not a little early in the day for me. But that's the way of things.

C.
It's great to see all these responses and insightful comments. And don't worry, the thread shouldn't be leaving to anywhere, so there's plenty of time for the "AFW" people to get to this .
#20 - Nard
Well, I'm happy to see this pick up. Free bump to the top and I state my support is whole again!
Count on Me im in!!!!

And im sure Quebec Contingent of Chops canada will be there too!

yayayayayayaya
i'm in Calgary, and i would love to join in on some league races.

i tried to make it to some of the SimFIA North American DTM races this fall, but couldn't make it to a lot of them due to my work schedule (races were weekday evenings). i think that if races were in the afternoon on weekends they could draw from Canada, USA, Mexico, Argentina, early risers from Australia, and Europeans who can't sleep.

i prefer GTR class, but any car will do, really. medium or long tracks to keep it interesting.
Wow!

5 Western Canadians that I can see. 3 from Calgary! Me, Evilgeek and BBT.

2 From British Columbia.

If something does come of this Canadian slanted league... I hope consessions are made for the westerners.

C.
#24 - Nard
Well, I see 12 unique users responding right here right now in this thread. If it would go public, I'm sure you could easily reach 20 racers with backup drivers in a snap.

Just polish your project and come out with it!
This is actually looking good. And it's actually great to see that we actually have Canadians across the country that are interested, which is perfect for the idea I had.

Then great. I'm gonna start thinking about what we can do .

Canadian Survey
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG