The online racing simulator
Possible Idea for scripters
(4 posts, started )
Hello to all of you :P, some of you im sure i know, others may not know me and i hope to meet you soon.

well.... i was wondering how hard it would be to create a script which allows an admin to create his/her own commands for their server. i know with other games this is easy to do, and ive seen some mods for lfs which allow new commands like !stats and whatnot... now i know with the new patch its easy to make commands, but not the type i would like.

now i know all of you are saying what kind of commands would or even COULD be added... well TBH i have only one idea... http://www.fragfm.co.uk/onyourserver.php

being able to type /Radio and listen to fragfm would be incredible :P and if the script/prog was written so others can define and add new commands easyly

i think the hardest part of adding the radio would be imbedding the audio into lfs..

please dont flame me LMAO
Quote from rentyman :well.... i was wondering how hard it would be to create a script which allows an admin to create his/her own commands for their server.

Pretty simple in a server context. It can be done with InSim - but then you're limited to various things.

Quote from rentyman :being able to type /Radio and listen to fragfm would be incredible :P and if the script/prog was written so others can define and add new commands easyly

i think the hardest part of adding the radio would be imbedding the audio into lfs..

It could be done reasonably easily, but would require an InSim client of some sort at the client's end and if they weren't running that special client, it wouldn't work.

In theory it would be possible to inject lots of extra code in LFS' memory space to do this instead, but this would likely produce cheat protection errors, and would be a "little" trickier.
ahah, thanks for the nice reply, and good info too :P

if only LFS used an HTML based connection screen instead of the welcome.txt
(counter strike uses a HTML based file if im correct, and that + the command allows the radio to be used)

anyways, just an idea... thanks again for replying
Quote from the_angry_angel :Pretty simple in a server context. It can be done with InSim - but then you're limited to various things.

Yes you are. Man I would kill for something with the power of AMX Mod for LFS.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG