The online racing simulator
Starting multiplayer races
(5 posts, started )
Everytime I try to join a race that's on a multiplayer server, the race always seems to already be going. Is there anyway I can know when a race is about to start? Also: If I wait for a race to end, can I join in on the next round?
yes you can join on the next round, some servers even join in the same round so long as you dont get in the way.

when your on the server it should say RESTART 3---- 2----- 1
#3 - Gunn
You could also try using the chat feature to simply ask the questions you need answers to. eg:

"Do you guys mind if I join now? I won't get in your way "
The technical part
In the server list there is a column "Info" in which the letters V, S, Q, M and P may appear. An M means that the server admin allows mid-race joins. When you connect to the server, you can join immediately.

If mid-race joins are not allowed, you must wait until the first car has finished the race. (There is no way to do this automatically. You stay in spectate mode until you click "join".)

It would be nice if you could check how far a race has progressed, without connecting to the server, but AFAIK there is no such feature.

The social part
When you join an ongoing race, you should take care not to get in the way of the other drivers. Stop your car at the end of pit lane, watch the track map, and wait until the pack has passed.

When you are considerably slower than the others (> 2 seconds per lap), it is wise to start the race from the back of the grid. You can either
- Click "join" when the countdown starts.
- Park you car in the grass when the race starts, to let the others pass.

It is considered bad form if a driver who has just joined requests a restart (Shift-R) when the race is still going.
#5 - vrt3
I may be stating the obvious, but I'm going to say it anyway: to know approximately how long before an ongoing race ends, just spectate the leading car and see in which lap it is. If it says 1/40, you're going to have some patience. If it says 9/10, you only need to wait 1 or 2 laps (depending on if he just started that lap or is at the end of it).

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG