The online racing simulator
#1 - G.o.D
Several probs with LFS on cedega/wine
i tested the demo with cedega on linux and it worked fine. there was a big and ugly deadzone on the wheel, but i registered lfs yesterday

now im somewhere in between...

on cedega, i have that deadzone (which i could live with if there is no way around), but as soon as i try to unlock, i just get a message similar to 'unlocking failed'.

is there a way to check out whats the reason why it failed? i can join online races, so net seems to work

on wine unlocking works, but the wheel is not detected. it works with gpl and nascar 2003, but not with lfs, the debug output (of wine i guess) says something like 'joystick detected on /dev/input/event2', but its not detected within LFS. If i click on the axis/ff button, there are just 2 axis detected: mouse-x and mouse-y. could it be, that lfs always just takes joystick number 1? and how can i change this, if so

can i somehow unlock lfs in cedega by taking some lines from the registry files of wine over to cedega?

thanx for any help
To be honest, I've not tried unlocking cegeda, but I have played unlicensed - with similar experiences. LFS should enumerate through all input and provide all axis information. My guess is that cedega isnt quite right. I havent actually heard of any problems like this in wine, however.
Well, wine crashes on exit of lfs (for me atleast :S) other rumors I read somewhere is that unlocking does work on cedega 5.2... I'm trying ro unlock it myself atm
Quote from Ro@dRunn3r :Well, wine crashes on exit of lfs (for me atleast :S) other rumors I read somewhere is that unlocking does work on cedega 5.2... I'm trying ro unlock it myself atm

Holy bump batman.

A lot of the problem have been fixed in WINE over the last few years. It's still not perfect, but it is a lot better. There are a couple of much newer threads around that probably cover it.
WOW Thats the biggest bump ive ever seen :jawdrop:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG